World Cup VAR

Sith Happens

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, David said:

I can see linesmen running the line with flags going the same way Toys R Us, Maplin and Mothercare have gone and replaced with technology, one person in front of multiple screens

Being 'viewed' by some sort of AI for instant decisions.

9 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I love VAR. This could genuinely be the thing that makes me love football again

What if the referee decided it wasn’t a penalty though? South Korea had men over and space to drive, they’d have lost that attack.

If it’s so clear and obvious as to the referee has to stop play then why not just take reviews totally out of the referees hand? 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

What if the referee decided there it wasn’t a penalty though? South Korea had men over and space to drive, they’d have lost that attack.

If it’s so clear and obvious as to the referee has to stop play then why not just take reviews totally out of the referees hand? 

I think the on-field ref doing a review is just a formality, so that they can see exactly what they are giving and why. I think if I was the ref and I was having my decision over-ruled by the VAR team then I'd at least want to watch it again to understand what I didn't see.

PistoldPete2
19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I don’t think the VAR lot like England

All referees don't like England. Only one Russian linesman has ever liked England.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Walker sticks his hand out and Tunisian player runs into him and falls down VAR penalty.

Tunisian play wrestles Kane to the ground. VAR nothing to see here move along.

second incident with Kane was clearly visible to the ref, VAR should have corrected the mistake

walker incident was given by the ref without VAR

first incident with Kane, the VAR team were watching Suits!

apart from that worked perfectly

8 hours ago, maxjam said:

Yeah, not sure what game the VAR guys were watching last night - if Tunisia had a penalty then we should have had at least 2.  Last time I saw grappling like that was when Bucko was still here!

Last time I saw grappling like that it was Mark “rollerball” Rocco live from the Fairfield's Hall Croydon.

Archived