2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

11 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I honestly think people have had enough of me "talking" about the book pal. I can't and won't put people through that again. I made promises I was unable to keep and the book has nearly destroyed me. I've been shafted and lied to so often it hurts.

I've let people down.

I'll post the other couple of vids on a different thread but even with those, they're all well over ten minutes long and most of them are obviously Forest related. People won't have the patience to sit through them.

There are some interesting ones where I talk about childhood which would let people know the real me, Maybe I'll post those at some point but being brutally honest. I'm fooling myself to think people are interested. I'm nobody. Just somebody lucky who bumped into a legend.

There's no harm in posting them. Even one interested person is better than never knowing.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Forest. (sorry)

I love Nige but he's not his Dad.

The memories I got because of his Dad. The reason I had such a good life, his Dad.

It's weird. I know.

On the pitch and in the dressing room at Wembley for Cup Finals? 

Brian Clough was also the Derby manager once. A pretty good one at that. ?

5 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Brian Clough was also the Derby manager once. A pretty good one at that. ?

That's why I'm STILL here pal.

Even though there was a rivalry and I sang all the songs the Forest fans sang about the Rams, as soon as I got back home and into his study, I'd be watching videos of THAT great Derby side.

I was taught very early just exactly how much he loved you as a club and as you all know by now. What was good enough for him is good enough for me.

Nigel getting the job then getting fired makes things weird but hey ho. I made a lot of friends and have had a ball posting on here.

** my heroes were your heroes as well pal, I grew up absolutely idolising Roy Mac, Colin Todd and Archie the player, even big Dave although I secretly hated him for taking the job!!

I've led a veryconfusing football life ? 

8 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

That's why I'm STILL here pal.

Even though there was a rivalry and I sang all the songs the Forest fans sang about the Rams, as soon as I got back home and into his study, I'd be watching videos of THAT great Derby side.

I was taught very early just exactly how much he loved you as a club and as you all know by now. What was good enough for him is good enough for me.

Nigel getting the job then getting fired makes things weird but hey ho. I made a lot of friends and have had a ball posting on here.

** my heroes were your heroes as well pal, I grew up absolutely idolising Roy Mac, Colin Todd and Archie the player, even big Dave although I secretly hated him for taking the job!!

I've led a veryconfusing football life ? 

We've picked our quotes out to try and prove Brian preferred Derby to Forest but it seems like we are interpreting it how we want to (a bit like religion).

In your 100% honest opinion, Do you think Brian Clough loved Derby County more than he loved Nottingham Forest?

1 minute ago, Smyth_18 said:

We've picked our quotes out to try and prove Brian preferred Derby to Forest but it seems like we are interpreting it how we want to (a bit like religion).

In your 100% honest opinion, Do you think Brian Clough loved Derby County more than he loved Nottingham Forest?

Love or happiness?

You never forget your first love, ever. You look back and you regret the fact you split up. You remember they gave you feelings you'd never had before but you learn to love again. Maybe never the same way but still.

He was certainly at the happiest place in his (and Mrs C's) life while at Derby and that happiness counts for so much.

It wouldn't be right for ME to answer and pass my answer off as fact. I'd say Nigel is probably the only one who can answer that honestly these days.

In my opinion Derby was his first love but it was Forest who he married and settled down with. The glint in his eye when he talked about that first promotion and that first league title at Derby never ever disappeared.

I think if he'd won the European Cup with the Rams that would have made him complete.

I think what he built at Forest more than helped him fill those gaps.

I've sat on the fence there a bit but I think that's right.

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

Love or happiness?

You never forget your first love, ever. You look back and you regret the fact you split up. You remember they gave you feelings you'd never had before but you learn to love again. Maybe never the same way but still.

He was certainly at the happiest place in his (and Mrs C's) life while at Derby and that happiness counts for so much.

It wouldn't be right for ME to answer and pass my answer off as fact. I'd say Nigel is probably the only one who can answer that honestly these days.

In my opinion Derby was his first love but it was Forest who he married and settled down with. The glint in his eye when he talked about that first promotion and that first league title at Derby never ever disappeared.

I think if he'd won the European Cup with the Rams that would have made him complete.

Perfectly put.

Forest are the ones he married and settled down with,so he hated them like the rest of us!

?

8 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Love or happiness?

I always see that discussion as pointless, he clearly loved each club. Derby fans try it as a way to get one back on him leaving and being successful with forest, Forest fans get annoyed that Brian Clough wasn't all "theirs" despite all he achieved with them and the discussions remind them of that.

That is one of the saddest photographs I've ever seen. Why would anyone want to not only spend money on buying something which is worthless, but will never been worn again.

You can't help laughing at them as they all look so pathetic!!

31 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

That is one of the saddest photographs I've ever seen. Why would anyone want to not only spend money on buying something which is worthless, but will never been worn again.

You can't help laughing at them as they all look so pathetic!!

Give them a break. It's their biggest game of the season.

Archived