2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finding it amusing seeing the Forest fans on Twitter arguing that they are the oldest team in the league, now that Notts County have got relegated. It's actually Stoke, but it's funny seeing a lot of people trying to convince themselves that they're not, they have been lying about it for decades for some reason, and they actually formed after Forest. Taking living in the past to a whole other level there.

1 hour ago, JfR said:

Finding it amusing seeing the Forest fans on Twitter arguing that they are the oldest team in the league, now that Notts County have got relegated. It's actually Stoke, but it's funny seeing a lot of people trying to convince themselves that they're not, they have been lying about it for decades for some reason, and they actually formed after Forest. Taking living in the past to a whole other level there.

I really don’t get it either. They weren’t even a founder member of the football league. 

"If you asked me which team would make the play-offs out of Nottingham Forest and Derby County, then the answer is easy. It's going to be tough for Forest, but it's possible. For Derby, a mid-table finish awaits. They choke every year and they're choking again." - Kenny Burns, 2019

Fair play lads, I was looking forward to a good WUMing if you'd fecked it up, but another strong performance to justify that 6th place. 

Really fancy you to get past Leeds over two legs and then who knows in a one off game. Still think Villa are favourites though. 

8 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Fair play lads, I was looking forward to a good WUMing if you'd fecked it up, but another strong performance to justify that 6th place. 

Really fancy you to get past Leeds over two legs and then who knows in a one off game. Still think Villa are favourites though. 

I think a lot of us would agree Dawnie, but if WBA keep wearing their new found clogging boots who knows  they might be a bit depleted....

Leeds still v tough but if we can take today's form into the home leg and get a decent lead could be game on.

Like how Sir Brian used to do European Cup ties....win well at home, seal it up away...?

16 hours ago, JfR said:

"If you asked me which team would make the play-offs out of Nottingham Forest and Derby County, then the answer is easy. It's going to be tough for Forest, but it's possible. For Derby, a mid-table finish awaits. They choke every year and they're choking again." - Kenny Burns, 2019

Can I raise you with this

“Gary Rowett only left Derby because they are a sinking ship......if I was Derby I’d be looking at somebody like Mick McCarthy.....they need to make an astute, experienced appointment..... and for me, Lampard would not be it.....Derby are a sinking ship(twice you said it Fatty)....this could (ahem), be the opportunity for Forest to not only close the gap.....but overtake them!”

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/gary-rowett-left-derby-because-1616907

You mind that gap......it’s still there, now where’s that chimp again.

Archived