2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

37 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Just popped onto LTLF (yes, I am that bored) to see if there were any magnanimous praise for our performance, only to come across this gem of an, un-ironic, exchange...

- I didn’t realise they are the first team to win through to the play off final despite losing in the first leg. Blimey.

- We've done it in European Cups, a tad loftier than a 2cnd division play off.  Hardly the shock of the century.

To be fair, we're not the first team to get through to the final after losing the first leg of a playoff at home in all levels of the football league, just the Championship. Yeovil did it back in League One in 2007, but I can't for the life of me remember who the absolute bottlers were that let them do that...

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, JfR said:

To be fair, we're not the first team to get through to the final after losing the first leg of a playoff at home in all levels of the football league, just the Championship. Yeovil did it back in League One in 2007, but I can't for the life of me remember who the absolute bottlers were that let them do that...

Being born in Yeovil, but brought up in Belper and identifying as Derby, i can confirm that 2007 was the greatest playoff year, ever, that I could get.

If Carlsberg did playoff years.......?

I just cannot understand why I am not more attracted to cider........

2 hours ago, JfR said:

What - you mean that Yeovil beat the ex European Champions? Surely that’s not possible .......

15 hours ago, David said:

Because it’s vile and once you get past 18 you should be past that phase in your life?

He’s right to be fair, we should all be drinking electric water after we’d discovered we can’t hold our beer at 18.

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

When was the last time the gumps played a competitive game at Wembly?

Discussing this with some gumps at the cricket yesterday (as a result of a bit of jealous banter!)

1992 League Cup losing to Man Utd.

1 hour ago, David said:

As we look forward to another trip to Wembley, Forest release a new clothing line for a trophy they won 40 years ago. Never change Forest, we love you just the way you are ❤️

Take more than a miracle to make Kenny look thin.  Think Kenny has put on a stone a year...

3 hours ago, David said:

As we look forward to another trip to Wembley, Forest release a new clothing line for a trophy they won 40 years ago. Never change Forest, we love you just the way you are ❤️

WHAT?? Forest have won the European Cup , wow who would of guessed

6 hours ago, David said:

Can’t FTFY, so let’s try this:

”... as #NFFC celebrate 40 years since being relevant.”

On 18/05/2019 at 13:43, David said:

I actually don't much buy into this 'let's hate Forest' thing - they really are just a club who happen to play down the road to me. But I do have to say, without any of that local rival bile, that this is just fricking awful. It looks like something you would pick up in the Primark sale and regret buying before you've even got it home. It's awful.....

Sith Happens
On 18/05/2019 at 17:21, Premier ram said:

WHAT?? Forest have won the European Cup , wow who would of guessed

I don't know but from how forest fans i know go on about it im assuming they have won it every year it has existed as a competition.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I don't know but from how forest fans i know go on about it im assuming they have won it every year it has existed as a competition.

To be fair they probably got to keep it for ever, seeing as it changed to the Champion's League around then. (I know it didn't really).

Archived