2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/05/2019 at 15:35, ramsbottom said:

Just popped onto LTLF (yes, I am that bored) to see if there were any magnanimous praise for our performance, only to come across this gem of an, un-ironic, exchange...

- I didn’t realise they are the first team to win through to the play off final despite losing in the first leg. Blimey.

- We've done it in European Cups, a tad loftier than a 2cnd division play off.  Hardly the shock of the century.

The first point... I believe it's Championship only... because Yeovil definitely beat them in the second leg and went to Wembley when they'd already booked hotels after the first leg.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

The first point... I believe it's Championship only... because Yeovil definitely beat them in the second leg and went to Wembley when they'd already booked hotels after the first leg.

Don't forget the tshirts!!!  Or was that Swansea??  It's difficult separating two such monumental duck ups from one another...

10 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Don't forget the tshirts!!!  Or was that Swansea??  It's difficult separating two such monumental duck ups from one another...

Swansea, was that where Darren Pratley (the greatest player that almost signed for Forest) scored from the halfway line past Lee Camp? Lewis McGugan cheated in the first leg.

And Nathan Tyson played well for the 1st time outside an East Midlands Derby. 

Memorable scenes. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Swansea, was that where Darren Pratley (the greatest player that almost signed for Forest) scored from the halfway line past Lee Camp? Lewis McGugan cheated in the first leg.

And Nathan Tyson played well for the 1st time outside an East Midlands Derby. 

Memorable scenes. 

Surprised they don't have a clothing range to commemorate that.  More of a rarity than winning a couple of poxy European Cups...

29 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Surprised they don't have a clothing range to commemorate that.  More of a rarity than winning a couple of poxy European Cups...

Top bantz ?

Possibly one of my biggest disappointments in NC's time as Derby manager. I honestly, genuinely believed Nige had spotted something others had missed and he was going to be our pacey but cool finishing centre forward.

The fact he could hardly get fit never mind stay fit.  In the end, I gave up on him even when I wanted to keep dreaming.

Oh the difference for you Derby fans then and now.... Nathan Tyson was arguably NC's first "marquee" signing, a free transfer crock from down the road who didn't ever look like paying back the faith or the investment laid out on him.

Now you're signing 2 players for nearly as much as the entire squads wage bill in 2010/11 and it's gone from being a manager crippling £10 million to a chairman crippling, testicle squeezing 38m?

Who'd be a cash strapped manager or a dedicated and financially supportive chairman these days eh? I really hope Mel gets the Wembley win his investment warrants.

At Had a look on LTLF for the first time ever today...being the least successful club in the midlands over the past 10 years has really made them bitter!

It went a little something like this:

- Derby selling for £1, they’re in a mess.

- FFP points deduction is required.

- Derby selling stadium, cheats, it’s the beginning of the end for them, their new landlord will kick them off.

- Forest are building the best stadium in the midlands while Derby sell theirs off.

- Derby are going to rooster up getting to the play offs.

- Play offs should be 3rd championship v 3rd bottom Prem.

- Derby might get the play offs, but it won’t matter because 3rd place will hammered them over 2 legs.

- If Derby were promoted, it doesn’t matter because Nottingham is ‘the queen of the east midlands’ and European cups etc, also our regional profile is bigger than Derby and Leicester combined.

- Derby will get the play offs because West Brom will rest players.

- Leeds to beat Derby in the play offs, even if Derby win Villa will batter them.

- Didn’t realise we were the first team to overturn a first leg home defeat, but it’s not a big achievement as they did it in Europe.

-Silence.....

Obviously they’re waiting for Wembley to be over before they continue with the drivel, but it is such an entertaining read.

It must be so frustrating to have nothing going on in your own club....

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@ronnieronalde, you have a gun to your head and have to pick between Burton (not managed by Nige), Derby, Forest and Sheffield United. You have to pick three to vanish off the face of the earth. Who are you saving?

He'd still find a way to pick Nige.

?

8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

@ronnieronalde, you have a gun to your head and have to pick between Burton (not managed by Nige), Derby, Forest and Sheffield United. You have to pick three to vanish off the face of the earth. Who are you saving?

Forest. (sorry)

I love Nige but he's not his Dad.

The memories I got because of his Dad. The reason I had such a good life, his Dad.

It's weird. I know.

On the pitch and in the dressing room at Wembley for Cup Finals? 

4 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

and you'd still find a way to be strangely concerned by it.

Why do you care Scott?

?

It was a joke. Lighten up. I thought the emoji might have made it obvious, clearly not.

9 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Forest. (sorry)

I love Nige but he's not his Dad.

The memories I got because of his Dad. The reason I had such a good life, his Dad.

It's weird. I know.

On the pitch and in the dressing room at Wembley for Cup Finals? 

Interesting. Hope you're alright these days? 

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

It was a joke. Lighten up. I thought the emoji might have made it obvious, clearly not.

any my emoji bonnie lad? you missed it?

I've changed my way of thinking about you pal. I quite like you.

Those days and those seasons where we needed to argue are gone.

I actually like your occasional little mini digs, it makes me smile and who'd have thought that years ago. 

I self reflect when I have time, I know I wasn't an easy poster to have around at times.

12 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Interesting. Hope you're alright these days? 

I recorded that last week ? ? 

I'm fine mate, just life is a curve and at the moment it's downward.

I'd post the other couple on here but not sure it's the place really.

The Roy Keane vid is an interesting one and my own favourite is when the Russians turn up at the City Ground and I'm 15 and humming the Rocky music to them ?

I've got to get a better camera and then learn how to stop waffling (that is tough as I've done it my whole life!!)

6 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I recorded that last week ? ? 

I'm fine mate, just life is a curve and at the moment it's downward.

I'd post the other couple on here but not sure it's the place really.

The Roy Keane vid is an interesting one and my own favourite is when the Russians turn up at the City Ground and I'm 15 and humming the Rocky music to them ?

I've got to get a better camera and then learn how to stop waffling (that is tough as I've done it my whole life!!)

Perhaps you could create a thread in the 'Football Forum' section for your videos? That could also be a place to discuss the whole book thing. Glad to see you've got a decent perspective despite things not going brilliantly at the minute.

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Perhaps you could create a thread in the 'Football Forum' section for your videos? That could also be a place to discuss the whole book thing. Glad to see you've got a decent perspective despite things not going brilliantly at the minute.

I honestly think people have had enough of me "talking" about the book pal. I can't and won't put people through that again. I made promises I was unable to keep and the book has nearly destroyed me. I've been shafted and lied to so often it hurts.

I've let people down.

I'll post the other couple of vids on a different thread but even with those, they're all well over ten minutes long and most of them are obviously Forest related. People won't have the patience to sit through them.

There are some interesting ones where I talk about childhood which would let people know the real me, Maybe I'll post those at some point but being brutally honest. I'm fooling myself to think people are interested. I'm nobody. Just somebody lucky who bumped into a legend.

Archived