World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, sage said:

Ref at fault, not VAR

But VAR referred it to him, immediately puts him under pressure to give it.. It was not clear and obvious, so should never have got as far as it did. Could VAR have reversed the free kick decision for the first goal? That was clear and obvious..

PistoldPete2
6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Personally, I think it's easy to see how the ref might interpret that as deliberate.

Well entitled to that opportunity opinion but did he make an obvious error by not giving it. Var over rides should be the exception not the rule.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

That was a pen. Absolutely no doubt in my mind, would have been robbing the French if that wasn’t given. That’s why we need VAR

Clueless. An offence for handball has to be DELIBERATE.

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

But VAR referred it to him, immediately puts him under pressure to give it.. It was not clear and obvious, so should never have got as far as it did. Could VAR have reversed the free kick decision for the first goal? That was clear and obvious..

VAR didn’t tell him to look at it, his fellow referees did, how hard is that to understand? 

Sith Happens

Should be a time limit how long ref can spend looking at decisions from every angle and slow mo.....10 seconds.....if you cant make a decision in that time move on.

One of those penalties where you'd be angry if it was given against you, but screaming for it if the boot was on the other foot. France haven't played well but they're 2-1 up and they could take the game away from Croatia 2nd half if they step up.

They have the pace and guile to really hurt this Croatian defence which isn't particularly good.

One thing I will add though. Is this Croatian team immune to yellow cards? Also, when Giroud was pulled up for high foot, was that any higher than the high boot which led to Croatia's goal?

Why are high boots allowed inside the area but not anywhere else on the pitch? Annoys me.

Sith Happens

Perhaps the ref took so long cause he logged on to check that bacs transfer to his bank account had gone through.

Archived