World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

England are likely to break into the top 10 which would be about right. They are not top 4 so finishing fourth is an overachievement atm. Certainly behind Brazil, France and Belgium. Croatia too (just). germany and Spain probably ahead too even after their world cup no-shows., but for how much longer I dont know especially after Iniesta has retired.  Would like to see England play Belgium in a proper match after two non-events.     

Why are they behind Germany and Spain..? Did you see them in this World Cup..? Between them they played about 20 minutes of decent football and both got bombed out of the competition 

48 minutes ago, McLovin said:

ITV or BBC?

ITV might be better coverage as they have in depth analysis rather than shearer’s generic ‘they showed more passion’ comments and I won’t have to put up with Lineker’s smug face.

Which one has Ally Mcoist? I like him.

In schikschteen ten at the battle of Klusschino Sscheven thousschand Polissschhcavalrymen defeated a vaschtly schuperior Muschcovite forschh at Klusschhino.

2 hours ago, ramit said:

Croatia to win it.  It's good for England and Iceland, makes our losses to them more....understandable

It doesn't. Losing to the eventual winners is still losing.

We had it in 1986, 1990 and 2002.

That the teams that beat us went on to win the tournament was of no consolation whatsoever.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

ITV or BBC?

ITV might be better coverage as they have in depth analysis rather than shearer’s generic ‘they showed more passion’ comments and I won’t have to put up with Lineker’s smug face.

I don't think any of the chat they have at half time could be called, in all seriousness, 'in-depth analysis'.

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, 1967Ram said:

Diabolical decision by the referee

Ok but he didn’t didnt need to be given the opportunity.

PistoldPete2
15 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It doesn't. Losing to the eventual winners is still losing.

We had it in 1986, 1990 and 2002.

That the teams that beat us went on to win the tournament was of no consolation whatsoever.

No consolation but it should shut the duckers up who keep saying England had an easy draw . Croatia are the best team and only dodgy refereeing decisions has cost them so far.

Archived