World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

PistoldPete2
36 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

In fairness to Henderson he had a decent game and it wasn't a bad penalty, more an excellent save. Some of those penalties on both sides were brilliant. Gave the goalkeepers no chance.

I think Colombia were more of a test than Sweden. Two powerful sides, but Sweden I don't think are as quick on the break as Colombia or have the individual ability such as Cuadrado, Bacca or Falcao.

Huge opportunity to reach the semifinals. Rest will be important.

Kane looked knackered and boy do we need him. And Alli too. We need more creativity against a dogged sweden team.  

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Both in this game and the Belgium game other players take on his job.

Lingard has done it, Maguire, Kane, Delph, Loftus Cheek. They all have their own position but they have to do his position too while he slowly stumbles around.

He only marks a man when we have the ball!!!!! 

He should never have played again after the Belgium act of cowardice. 

Bottle job. Thick coward 

duck off and get off his ducking back, it’s ducking coming the duck home. Eric ducking Dier, balls of ducking steel.

Well, in the next round.

Hope it's not on itv, I really hate their England coverage. There's no need to spin everything with such crass obvious bias. Just relay the match clearly and accurately. The whole poor England narrative was extremely irritating, especially when England look like the're becoming just as professional at rolling around as the other sides are.

England were the better side, and didn't crumble when it looked like they might. Still created naff all in open play and if Columbia had had their creative player fit it would've been tougher still.

I put this way, it's a good thing England are in the "easy" side of the draw because a better team than Columbia are putting England out.

It also seems like the more Stirling and Lingard play in this side, the less dangerous they seem. But on the flip side, the defence seemed organised and the team knew what it was doing mostly.

On another note, I fear for Carlos sanchez’s safety and his family. I hope the authorities take a lot of care of them as  he got death threats even before the match . Colombia fans have form of doing this sort of thing-  Andres Escobar , who they killed after he scored an own goal. 

Luckily we don’t have this issue in England. The worst that usually happens is that a player gets booed but death threats or killings is a serious problem in other countries, particularly Latin and South American countries. 

Im absolutely buzzing for the England players but on the other hand can’t help but feel sympathetic to Colombia as anything can happen to their players by gangs.

27 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, in the next round.

Hope it's not on itv, I really hate their England coverage. There's no need to spin everything with such crass obvious bias. Just relay the match clearly and accurately. The whole poor England narrative was extremely irritating, especially when England look like the're becoming just as professional at rolling around as the other sides are.

England were the better side, and didn't crumble when it looked like they might. Still created naff all in open play and if Columbia had had their creative player fit it would've been tougher still.

I put this way, it's a good thing England are in the "easy" side of the draw because a better team than Columbia are putting England out.

It also seems like the more Stirling and Lingard play in this side, the less dangerous they seem. But on the flip side, the defence seemed organised and the team knew what it was doing mostly.

The Beeb have the QF.

Matt Lawton has managed to enrage the social media nation, bit of an own goal with his post match report....which wasn’t a report but another Raheem Sterling story on his poor performance and 1000 days without a goal. 

Daily Mail for you right there, pulled the story now mind you. 

1 minute ago, David said:

Matt Lawton has managed to enrage the social media nation, bit of an own goal with his post match report....which wasn’t a report but another Raheem Sterling story on his poor performance and 1000 days without a goal. 

Daily Mail for you right there, pulled the story now mind you. 

Blocked that thundercunt after the first game 

56 minutes ago, Squid said:

That Pickford save just before they scored was unreal! 

Never got a replay of it in real time cos the goal came straight after. Wow. And such a shame it didn’t really count for much in the end. Would’ve been great to just end the match on that. Still he got to end it on another terrific save. 

Someone said our set plays weren’t as good as before. They were great, just Colombia was able to defend them better, just. A few glancing headers and last gasp touches. And our corners are brilliant. Scared the poo out of them. I don’t think we’ve lost our touch yet, nor have we be found out. How do you defend against the live train without resorting to rugby in the box. 

Harry Kane was brilliant. Like a poor mans Chris Martin. Ironically, the past two games he played and scored 5, he only had about 5 touches, but he was everywhere today. 

Trippiers deliveries were deadly again, fine margins, but there were a lot that were very dangerous and just didn’t get the touch they needed. 

For all the moaning on here towards the end of the game, now we’ve won it, suddenly there are loads of players being cited as having had a good game. 

Dier was lucky to get the opportunity to make amends, he’s been the real week link for two games in a row now. But boy did he make amends. And after playing a bit poo as well, I fully expected him to bottle it. But I do hope that Gareth’s learned not to put him on, unless it’s the 119th minute and penalties are looming. 

Archived