Paddy McNair - Signed for Middlesbrough

Cam the Ram

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's decent enough at this level? Anything below £3 million I'd be tempted, anything above that I'd be inclined to say no.

Who would he replace? Quite a versatile player but seems better suited to a centre back, so is that Keogh or Davies out, unless we go for 5 at the back?

Called this on the transfer suggestion thread, he would be an excellent signing. This guy has played for United in the premier league and is still young. Was Sunderland’s best player when he came back from injury. He would be the replacement for Hendrick we’ve needed for two seasons! 

Lampard could make a signing like this if he’s able to get players out for decent fees (Vydra) and cut wages by trimming the squad. Unfortunately though if the snake is looking at him, we wouldn’t win a bidding war. It would be like villa two seasons ago all over again outbidding us on all our targets.

Do we really need him? Would have thought more attacking midfielders would make more sense, unless we’re going 3 at the back I suppose in which case he could be a decent buy. 5 million tho?! With a player that injury prone I’m not convinced at that, he has potential tho.

On 01/06/2018 at 20:06, HantsRam said:

Already above 3.5m with both Brighton and "an unnamed London club" having had bids rejected. 

See, Sunderland don't have a pot to pee in but are able to max out the value of their limited assets. 

Compare and contrast to how we rolled over on will. ........grrr ?

It requires more than one club to start a bidding war though.

Archived