Will Mel automatically have more respect for Lampard?

BBG83

What I mean is, will Lampard's achievements on the pitch have more influence on giving him time in the job? Does he command more respect than Rowett, Pearson, McClaren, etc.?

Mel is as much a football fan as we are, and I'm sure he's looking forward to learning things from Lampard that he never could from the past management.

I'm just curious as to how Mel must actually be feeling right now - because if I was him I'd be down at the training pitch every day watching.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

What I mean is, will Lampard's achievements on the pitch have more influence on giving him time in the job? Does he command more respect than Rowett, Pearson, McClaren, etc.?

Mel is as much a football fan as we are, and I'm sure he's looking forward to learning things from Lampard that he never could from the past management.

I'm just curious as to how Mel must actually be feeling right now - because if I was him I'd be down at the training pitch every day watching.

Might be lonely in the close season. Be like watching grass grow. 

I'm not sure Mel had a lack of respect for previous managers, I just think the windmill sackings were down to his adaption period - Football is a very different kind of business, and you get the impression Mel came in having been a fairly ruthless business man in his previous endeavors.

He was willing to give Rowett plenty of time, despite quite vocal negativity from the fans - something that would have pushed his hand much faster in his early days. 

12 minutes ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

I'm just curious as to how Mel must actually be feeling right now - because if I was him I'd be down at the training pitch every day watching.

That’s how rumours start. Anyway, there’s an interview up on RamsTV with him discussing the appointment.

Think he will trust him more. - more han the last lot! I also think that a younger chap like Lampard (39) - will benefit the players...much more in touch with them...and has played at a top level

The youth in our club must be absolutely relishing working with him.....

As people have said I Don’t think it’s down to respect, maybe down to trust more (after the whole Rush business who can blame him??).

We don’t know as fact what’s true about previous stories and maybe he’ll trust FL more maybe he won’t, but I suspect the extra attention on us will lead him to make it very publicly obvious that he isn’t interfering.

9 hours ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

He's still got his drone as far as I am aware. 

18 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

As people have said I Don’t think it’s down to respect, maybe down to trust more (after the whole Rush business who can blame him??).

We don’t know as fact what’s true about previous stories and maybe he’ll trust FL more maybe he won’t, but I suspect the extra attention on us will lead him to make it very publicly obvious that he isn’t interfering.

Maybe Mel will spend more time with uncle Arry down at Sandbanks, and let Frank get on with the job. 

If Mel can see Frank is as good as his word he will undoubtedly give him due respect. I feel Mel has possibly had his most difficult 12 /15 months since he bought the club and could be wary of placing his implicit trust in a new manager immediately and I wouldn’t blame him.

I also think there is nothing slippery about Frank and he will prove to be worthy of Mel’s faith and trust. I just wonder whether the Rush and Rowett departures may have left their mark on him. Frank could go a long way in helping restore any doubts he may have about his own judgement.

Mel’s about due evidence of genuine progress for his investment and I’d love it, love it if Lampard is the one to bring it to us, I wish them all the best as we’ll be the main beneficiaries.

COYR ? ? 

How can Mel not have respect for Frank, his playing career demands that, he has won everything in the game, has over 100 caps for England, Chelsea top scorer ever, if Mel does not respect Frank he will respect nobody in the game, just hope Frank will have some respect for Mel, for me it's Mel who has more to prove than Frank, it's time for Mel to let Frank do what's needed to get our great club back on track, and one thing Frank will not tolerate is Mel bursting into the dressing room on match days.

Honeymoon period

he was just as smiley when he appointed clement, pearson and the amazing, disappearing growett.

I watched the first press conference and I think it's clear there's not only mutual respect and admiration, but that the two men seem to get on well, even sharing a couple of private jokes between themselves. Mel also struck me as being far calmer than I've seen him and I think he's genuinely enthused by this appointment, certainly more so than the previous ones. It's good to see and will hopefully be a portent to a lasting and successful working relationship. We're due a bit of good fortune and I believe this may be our turn.

21 hours ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

He’s got drones and cctv for that that deliver real time pictures direct to his wrist watch. ?

4 hours ago, 86 points said:

I watched the first press conference and I think it's clear there's not only mutual respect and admiration, but that the two men seem to get on well, even sharing a couple of private jokes between themselves. Mel also struck me as being far calmer than I've seen him and I think he's genuinely enthused by this appointment, certainly more so than the previous ones. It's good to see and will hopefully be a portent to a lasting and successful working relationship. We're due a bit of good fortune and I believe this may be our turn.

Lovely word. Magic darts @86 points

25 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Isn’t it normally used to mean a sign of impending disaster?

no.

Portent definition: A portent is something that indicates what is likely to happen in the future. 

it's neutral; can be a sign of positive or negative.

Archived