Will Mel automatically have more respect for Lampard?

BBG83

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

That’s your reality, as Freud said “we do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.”. ?

I think Freud was possibly misunderstanding Nietzsche; 

‘There is only a perspective seeing, only a perspective "knowing"; and the more affects we allow to speak about one thing, the more eyes, different eyes, we can use to observe one thing, the more complete will our "concept" of this thing, our "objectivity," be.’

Genealogy of Morals. 

5 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I think Freud was possibly misunderstanding Nietzsche; 

‘There is only a perspective seeing, only a perspective "knowing"; and the more affects we allow to speak about one thing, the more eyes, different eyes, we can use to observe one thing, the more complete will our "concept" of this thing, our "objectivity," be.’

Genealogy of Morals. 

Yeah, that's what I meant to say! 

4 minutes ago, Stevo the Ram said:

Did Nietzsche score against Freud in the Hungary-Germany world cup qualifier?

Yes, he’s quite prolific for a centre back. He’s got to be on our radar, and he’s younger than Terry.  

10 minutes ago, Stevo the Ram said:

Did Nietzsche score against Freud in the Hungary-Germany world cup qualifier?

Hang on? Who was playing for Hungary?

27 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Hang on? Who was playing for Hungary?

Back off topic; Nietzsche would have played for Italy, anyway, he hated the Germans. 

Back on topic; not automatically, no. I’m sure if Lampard had come across as an entitled wannabe, Mel wouldn’t have given him a second glance. I expect Frank will be earning Mel’s respect, not just with his career so far and his knowledge of the game, but with his vision for the club. 

On 1 June 2018 at 10:40, SuperFrankieLampard said:

What I mean is, will Lampard's achievements on the pitch have more influence on giving him time in the job? Does he command more respect than Rowett, Pearson, McClaren, etc.?

Mel is as much a football fan as we are, and I'm sure he's looking forward to learning things from Lampard that he never could from the past management.

I'm just curious as to how Mel must actually be feeling right now - because if I was him I'd be down at the training pitch every day watching.

Send a drone, it's easier!???

10 hours ago, Rammeister said:

Back to the OP...

Another way of looking at the original question is to ask ourselves whether WE have more respect for Lampard than others.

I think we probably know the answer...

Very good point. Mel’s a fan too so he’s one of us and we have respect for Frank’s achievements. 

I really hope we can get together with the attitude of ‘how dare you come to our ground and try to beat us (and Frank)’. That way when the opposition have a good go we’ll  just get louder. Perfect. 

Archived