Gary WHO ?

archied

48 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Hate to say it but there's a good chance Rowett will do very well at Stoke next year. There's still some decent players there & he has shown he's able to set teams up to get results in tricky away games. In such a competitive division, that could be the difference between finishing 3rd or 2nd.

What we can't afford to do is compare ourselves to Stoke - particularly if we end up having a slow start. We're on a totally different path, looking at a long term overhaul of the squad & change of style with a totally inexperienced manager. Stoke just want to get back up as soon as possible by any means possible & will no doubt throw plenty of cash at it.

The thought that Lampard could be under added pressure because Stoke are doing well worries me. Its time to forget about Rowett - its history, he's gone. We have a man in charge who the fans overwhelmingly wanted & he has said he will set the team up to play the football that everyone wants. He needs time to get it right because there will be tough times before we're successful. 

Absolutely. Move on and enjoy / support what we’ve got.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who gives a duck about Rowett anymore? Despite the faith of many Rams fans (inspite of largely dull performances on the pitch), not to mention the owner, he dropped us like a steaming turd to chase the dollar at Stoke and that's that, at least as far as I'm concerned. I'll not be giving the man a second thought this season. We've got way bigger fish to fry and no amount of resentment is going to spoil that for me. We've exciting times ahead, a seemingly unified fan base for the first time in yonks and SuperFrank and Jody to drive us forward. As for Rowett, well put simply, duck him! ? 

21 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I was behind him,he had my unconditional support till Xmas.

I loved the Derby team he played in and felt he deserved our support ,regardless of the football.

But then again I can be a naive fool sometimes.

Like it or not @RoyMac5 called this one pretty close.

It’s to be hoped he gets going quick at Stoke or he’s going to look a knob.

Somebody else had the measure of him a while ago too, cough, just sayin’ cough. 

Posted December 23, 2017

On 23/12/2017 at 17:27,  rcarso1 said: 

It’s having a good manager in charge and I’d love to hear a few people actually saying it,especially the impatient moaners who were in full flow earlier this season when he was trying to put his ideas across.

Here is an excerpt from my reply to rcarso1 in December 

Much like there is a chap (or two) that dislikes Keogh, another Martin, I don’t like Rowett, can’t help it, I think he’s a BSer, sorry.  

22 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Somebody else had the measure of him a while ago too, cough, just sayin’ cough. 

Posted December 23, 2017

On 23/12/2017 at 17:27,  rcarso1 said: 

It’s having a good manager in charge and I’d love to hear a few people actually saying it,especially the impatient moaners who were in full flow earlier this season when he was trying to put his ideas across.

Here is an excerpt from my reply to rcarso1 in December 

Much like there is a chap (or two) that dislikes Keogh, another Martin, I don’t like Rowett, can’t help it, I think he’s a BSer, sorry.  

Sorry mate...you did,I should have given you credit.

Roy just had that blunt confrontational style(honest?)that stuck in my mind more.

19 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Hate to say it but there's a good chance Rowett will do very well at Stoke next year. There's still some decent players there & he has shown he's able to set teams up to get results in tricky away games. In such a competitive division, that could be the difference between finishing 3rd or 2nd.

What we can't afford to do is compare ourselves to Stoke - particularly if we end up having a slow start. We're on a totally different path, looking at a long term overhaul of the squad & change of style with a totally inexperienced manager. Stoke just want to get back up as soon as possible by any means possible & will no doubt throw plenty of cash at it.

The thought that Lampard could be under added pressure because Stoke are doing well worries me. Its time to forget about Rowett - its history, he's gone. We have a man in charge who the fans overwhelmingly wanted & he has said he will set the team up to play the football that everyone wants. He needs time to get it right because there will be tough times before we're successful. 

Well said,don't think anyone has  put it better

16 hours ago, 86 points said:

Who gives a duck about Rowett anymore? Despite the faith of many Rams fans (inspite of largely dull performances on the pitch), not to mention the owner, he dropped us like a steaming turd to chase the dollar at Stoke and that's that, at least as far as I'm concerned. I'll not be giving the man a second thought this season. We've got way bigger fish to fry and no amount of resentment is going to spoil that for me. We've exciting times ahead, a seemingly unified fan base for the first time in yonks and SuperFrank and Jody to drive us forward. As for Rowett, well put simply, duck him! ? 

Nah Derby must succeed and everyone else fail especially him.

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Sorry mate...you did,I should have given you credit.

Roy just had that blunt confrontational style(honest?)that stuck in my mind more.

Nah, not at all John, just pulling your leg, mainly dug it up for the benefit of those that gave me a hard time/crying face emojis for having a gut instinct about the bloke. 

Time to move on now though. ? 

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Nah, not at all John, just pulling your leg, mainly dug it up for the benefit of those that gave me a hard time/crying face emojis for having a gut instinct about the bloke. 

No mate,take the credit.

You anti Rowett geezers took some flak,you all deserve a smug look.???

2 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Still throwing out the crying emoji if anyone dares criticise Rowett. 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:
2 hours ago, rynny said:

Still throwing out the crying emoji if anyone dares criticise Rowett. 

giphy.gif

Haha...hope you’re ok Steve?

Yes mate, are you and the family? 

On 31/05/2018 at 22:05, plymouthram said:

i know the fixtures are not out for next season yet, but I've heard a rumour that the home game against Stoke could be sold out

You just know the computer will pitch Derby V Stoke as the 18/19 League opener. My word! 

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Frank Lampard is DCFC most charismatic manager since whenever. He has changed the whole outlook of Rams fans without us playing a game of football as Rams manager.

I agree, I'm looking forward to next season filled with optimism now.

Anyone know how many season tickets we've sold so far?

Archived