Don't you just hate it when....

When do you most hate it during a game?

I came back from the US with my best mate over here and I took him to the Leeds game in late 2016.

It was a night game and freezing my tits off was bad enough, but I just hated it that even when we were in front the Leeds fans wouldn't stop singing.

I hate it when other teams sing longer and louder than us.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time wasting from any side including us. Gets me really frustrated. It's alright on the telly because they'll show a replay or something. But watching the whole prep routine to take a set piece really pisses me off. 

8 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I came back from the US with my best mate over here and I took him to the Leeds game in late 2016.

It was a night game and freezing my tits off was bad enough, but I just hated it that even when we were in front the Leeds fans wouldn't stop singing.

If the other team is singing louder than us then I agree that is a huge problem. Having such an easy time of it that they can sing their lungs out while outplaying us? Jeez.

25 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Time wasting from any side including us. Gets me really frustrated. It's alright on the telly because they'll show a replay or something. But watching the whole prep routine to take a set piece really pisses me off. 

Really gets my goat when a keeper continually time wastes through the game and the ref decides to book him in injury time. If they acted on it in the first half it wouldn't be a problem. Also I can't see why they got rid of the 6 second rule for keepers.

56 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's a really simple fix, as well. Just stop the timer when the ball isn't in play. Reduce halves to 30-35 minutes and it'll work perfectly. Football would instantly be better.

19 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

It's a really simple fix, as well. Just stop the timer when the ball isn't in play. Reduce halves to 30-35 minutes and it'll work perfectly. Football would instantly be better.

I don't think it's that simple, they also do it to take the momentum out of the game, so I think goalkeepers would still do it. 

Book them the first time it happens then send them off the second time is the answer. It'll never happen though, for some reason referees seem to enjoy it. 

Its so ingrained into the culture of some clubs they do it for the whole game whether they're winning, losing or drawing. We started doing it towards the end of the season when we were desperately clinging on, I hated that Rowett was turning us into Bolton. So glad he's gone. 

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

That feeling you get with Derby when defending a one goal lead. Our propensity to concede costly late goals over the last 20 years or so under many managers has been truly horrible.

BTW how are you Bob?

I agree ! That is one of the worst feelings. You hope, you pray but you just know. Mind you the relief when we do manage to hang on is pretty good !

funnily enough one of the good things about mid season Rowett was the sort of feeling that went  “hey we’ve changed and they aren’t going to nick one after all” 

10 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I hate many things with the english game.

one of which is the desire to sing a song as fast as you can which only lasts 20- 30 secs, then you go quiet for another 5 mins before another sung is song. When i go watch my other team in the and of sausages, the songs go on for much longer and dont contain complicated lyrics (in any language) and can be sung for 5minutes+ at a time.

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Really gets my goat when a keeper continually time wastes through the game and the ref decides to book him in injury time. If they acted on it in the first half it wouldn't be a problem. Also I can't see why they got rid of the 6 second rule for keepers.

Has that rule gone? I assumed it was just refs not enforcing it. 

Considering the amount of time wasting there's barely ever sending off for it. As if anyone gives a fook about being booked in the 90th minute.

Archived