Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

44 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Great incentive for the derby players....play well, score loads of goals, win the golden boot, get sold. 

Yup, I'm sure earning a huge pay increase to go to Leeds is a really terrible thing. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Gutted if he goes.

Weve brought in some top talent, but just don’t see where Vydra’s 20 odd goals are going to come from this coming season. Marriott is unproven at this level, the rest aren’t capable of banging 15+ which would put big pressure on the midfield to come up with the goals. 

Really hope we aren’t pinning our hopes on Marriott and we’ve got another striker (Abraham) lined up.

But you’re basically pinning your hopes on Vydra, hoping he stays because you can’t see goals elsewhere. 

Open your mind to the possibility that a different system will mean different players finding themselves in key attacking situations. We won’t see a repeat of last season. You telling me you really can’t see goals coming from our attackers based on what you’ve seen so far in pre-season?

18 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes if you add the goals and assists that Marriott, Wilson, jozefzoon Lawrence and wag horn got ,last season it's quite a lot. Avoid double counting of course, but add in Bryson and mount plus any strikers we keep out of nugget Jerome and martin and the squad still looks full of goals even without Vydra. Obviously don't expect Marriott to get 33 goals this year if he gets half that I would be happy. 

Now are these 2 new players, a typo, or an instruction for @Boycie?

We scored plenty of goals before Vydra hit form and I have no doubt if he goes we will continue to score. If we bank a decent fee and get a couple more in to compliment the new signings it won't have been a  bad summer. Shame we couldn't have signed Barry Douglas

54 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Only strengthening Leeds if they play the exact system and style we played last year or Watford did 5 years ago? 

Don’t really agree with this, there are more than two systems that exist in football that play a 10 but yes, if Leeds play him as a 9 then we’re laughing.

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Definitely some games going on here. Why sit outside in the city centre. It just doesn't happen

Predicting a big twist here

Orrr maybe he's just coming to a big club, in a big city with a lot of fans who have picked up on him being there, which might not have happened before?

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Marriott is only a gamble if we haven't done our homework on him. The reason Premier League clubs are going mad for Vydra is because they've done their homework on him. Leeds, I imagine, haven't because it seems like they're expecting him to lead the line. 

You think Marcelo Bielsa HASN'T done his homework on a player he wants? This is a man who is meticulous in his job, who has watched every single game of ours from last season. Right. 

We aren't getting him to lead the line at all. We are still wanting to bring in a number 9.

1 minute ago, vidukasbox said:

Orrr maybe he's just coming to a big club, in a big city with a lot of fans who have picked up on him being there, which might not have happened before?

Or if not, he could always end up at Leeds.

3 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Leeds is a big city you are correct, but can you stop dumping your rubbish in that canal...it doesn’t even float away, it just sorta hangs around and makes the ducks sad. 

1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

He looks thrilled doesn't he... 

Are you expecting him to be doing backflips with a sparkler up his backside? He's been snapped, unawares, outside a restaurant in Leeds ?

Are you trying to insinuate a player wouldn't be happy leaving Derby County to join Leeds United? Lol.

I actually think both clubs will benefit from this deal. If he's not going to be in your managers plans you're doing right in selling now while his stock is relatively high. Not sure on Marriott but he did well in the league below last season. Who knows. I predict both clubs will be up there this season.

8 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

You think Marcelo Bielsa HASN'T done his homework on a player he wants? This is a man who is meticulous in his job, who has watched every single game of ours from last season. Right. 

We aren't getting him to lead the line at all. We are still wanting to bring in a number 9.

Spent a bit to long watching old matches and not enough buying player's it seems .  Did he go all the way back to 71-72 when you blew the title- always had soft spot for Wolves

2 minutes ago, northantsram said:

The famous Leeds Utd    zzzzzz.

Don't kid yourself he's only leaving cos we dont want him and your paying mega bucks.

He would join Bolton if they offered him more than you.

Don't kid yourself either, i'm not too sure he joined Derby County because of his love of the area. You more than likely offered him the best deal at the time..

3 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Are you expecting him to be doing backflips with a sparkler up his backside? He's been snapped, unawares, outside a restaurant in Leeds ?

Are you trying to insinuate a player wouldn't be happy leaving Derby County to join Leeds United? Lol.

I'm not trying to I am haha. We are Frank Lampards Derby County don't forget. Leeds have a good fan base and a bit more money in wages that's about it.

12 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

He's watched every one of your games from last season? That's a bit cruel isn't it? 

Archived