Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Not bothered about him going now due to us going back to 433, he probably wouldn't have started games anyway. I'm just dreading him scoring against us, it's going to happen. 

20 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Not bothered about him going now due to us going back to 433, he probably wouldn't have started games anyway. I'm just dreading him scoring against us, it's going to happen. 

Aren’t there usually clauses for that?

Surely he wouldn't be needed in Leeds for contract negotiations, must be there ready for a medical?

Can be an excellent player at this level as last season showed, always been a big fan of his but really wouldn't fit into this current team imo and his value will probably never be as high so 100% right decision to cash in and use the money for players that will fit into Lampard's system

I think it's a clever bit of work here by his agent. How often do you hear of a potential signing being spotted bang in the centre of the city. By being photographed he stirs up a frenzy. Leeds board then get stick if the deal doesn't get done. Adds plenty pressure to them. 

Good agent that... 

Gutted if he goes.

Weve brought in some top talent, but just don’t see where Vydra’s 20 odd goals are going to come from this coming season. Marriott is unproven at this level, the rest aren’t capable of banging 15+ which would put big pressure on the midfield to come up with the goals. 

Really hope we aren’t pinning our hopes on Marriott and we’ve got another striker (Abraham) lined up.

39 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I think it's a clever bit of work here by his agent. How often do you hear of a potential signing being spotted bang in the centre of the city. By being photographed he stirs up a frenzy. Leeds board then get stick if the deal doesn't get done. Adds plenty pressure to them. 

Good agent that... 

You're right, it is very odd. 

27 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Gutted if he goes.

Weve brought in some top talent, but just don’t see where Vydra’s 20 odd goals are going to come from this coming season. Marriott is unproven at this level, the rest aren’t capable of banging 15+ which would put big pressure on the midfield to come up with the goals. 

Really hope we aren’t pinning our hopes on Marriott and we’ve got another striker (Abraham) lined up.

I’d rather have a front 5 that are all getting goals than having team built for 1 player to score 20. When he wasn’t on it or injured we struggled.

mount, Wilson, Marriott, Lawrence, Jozefzoon and Bryson can all score a fair few goals.

Archived