Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

25 minutes ago, Saity said:

I thought MM said we’d have to balance the books a bit so selling Vydra for 11m and signing Marriott for say 5m means 6m in the old skyrocket and less in wages.and a player who will fit better into the system Frank appears to want ..also think Vydras value will actually go down if he doesn’t get played as I suspect he might not ...makes economic sense to me....good season last season but was in and out towards the end of the season and season before was poor 

Sounds like we accepted the £11m bid but he turned round and upped his demands to £50,000-a-week. 

We're trying to get rid, no doubt about that, but it's finding a buyer willing to pay him what he wants. If not, he'll stay and try to make it in a Frank Lampard setup. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£50k a week doesn't sound unreasonable. It's only £5,200,000 over 2 years.

Hopefully (for him) he'd get bonuses on top. Should be able to keep body and soul together on that, I should think, provided he was prudent.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The 50k/wk thing, to me sounded more like he didn't want to go than he really wanted or thought he was worth 50k.

Think if a prem club came in, he'd take a lower pay rise.

Absolutely- also he obviously didn’t want to go to Leeds either without a very good reason 

4 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Your point about him not wanting to come to Leeds would be ok (questionable), but he's currently at Derby under an inexperienced manager ? Makes it a pretty moot point, no?

But you're a MASSIVE club aren't you, so much bigger than Derby, I thought Vydra would be desperate to join you? Same as Josefzoon...

4 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Your point about him not wanting to come to Leeds would be ok (questionable), but he's currently at Derby under an inexperienced manager ? Makes it a pretty moot point, no?

Would you like to play Infront of a crowd that can’t fill the stadium and sings that they are European champions all game ? 

7 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Sorry varucas pox I don’t agree, Leeds have been a shambles for a while, whilst they might just might be on the way up, they have yet to prove anything. Vydra knows all about FL but will know nothing about your manager even if he is “awesome “

i have a feeling that you will be up there this year but who knows and that’s the point who knows. 

Maybe if he went and clearly he is happy to stay he wanted a payout to do so ( even if £50k is a little greedy) 

16 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Sorry varucas pox I don’t agree, Leeds have been a shambles for a while, whilst they might just might be on the way up, they have yet to prove anything. Vydra knows all about FL but will know nothing about your manager even if he is “awesome “

i have a feeling that you will be up there this year but who knows and that’s the point who knows. 

Maybe if he went and clearly he is happy to stay he wanted a payout to do so ( even if £50k is a little greedy) 

Leeds have an owner with £5. 2 billion.. Should be on way up now. They produce very good young players who leave for more cash and who can blame them. 

Interesting slant on a few articles today that are coming from the standpoint of us signing Waghorn/Marriott will mean we then allow Vydra to move on. As if we're the reason he hasn't gone yet.

Either way a few sides will start testing the water with £7m bids once thet assume we have to sell him.  Shame that the wages he's reportedly demanding will price surprise bidders such as Bristol City or Brentford out of a move.  Must be some foreign sides interested.

47 minutes ago, Rample said:

Interesting slant on a few articles today that are coming from the standpoint of us signing Waghorn/Marriott will mean we then allow Vydra to move on. As if we're the reason he hasn't gone yet.

Either way a few sides will start testing the water with £7m bids once thet assume we have to sell him.  Shame that the wages he's reportedly demanding will price surprise bidders such as Bristol City or Brentford out of a move.  Must be some foreign sides interested.

Do you honestly think Vydra would consider going to Brentford???

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Do you honestly think Vydra would consider going to Brentford???

Not sure he will get much choice where he goes, I can't see many top flight teams showing interest.  

Brentford may not be fashionable but are as likely to be in the promotion mix as Leeds and if they can meet his salary demands I'm not sure he'd turn it down.

3 minutes ago, Rample said:

Not sure he will get much choice where he goes, I can't see many top flight teams showing interest.  

Brentford may not be fashionable but are as likely to be in the promotion mix as Leeds and if they can meet his salary demands I'm not sure he'd turn it down.

He will get total choice, if he does not like the offer any club make him, he will not go. I posted elsewhere (though I am not ITK, it did come from another player at the club)that he has stated he will only(only wants to) leave for a Premier League team. Unless someone makes him a very good offer he will not go, I think that is why he asked Leeds for 50K a week, "Yes I will come but this is what I want".

26 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

He will get total choice, if he does not like the offer any club make him, he will not go. I posted elsewhere (though I am not ITK, it did come from another player at the club)that he has stated he will only(only wants to) leave for a Premier League team. Unless someone makes him a very good offer he will not go, I think that is why he asked Leeds for 50K a week, "Yes I will come but this is what I want".

Makes perfect sense 

I’m convinced his sale is a consequence of Boro moving Traore on, getting £18 mil upfront. 

Reckon Pulis sees him as a wide player with end product. Looking at their squad, they only have downing as their only winger. 

Theyve got the cash to splash, and what better way to spend it than on the leagues top scorer. 

46 minutes ago, Rample said:

Have to agree to disagree on that one Rample….

21 hours ago, vidukasbox said:

Oh so you've already signed him then? How much did you pay in the end?

Archived