Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

27 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Surely if there was a grain of truth in this the last thing DCFC would be doing is have him in for training, no matter how light that was.

Im not sure on the details but surely the only way the seriousness of it can be judged is for him to carry out tests and see the results? I cant see light jogging causing anything too serious? No different to him playing with his kids in the garden, he cant not ever increase his heart rate through exercise, its beat for it to be in monitored situations surely?

Like i said anyway, it could result in him having to retire, but he could also be cleared as being fine, maybe he might need an op like Mark O'Brien did a few years back.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Im not sure on the details but surely the only way the seriousness of it can be judged is for him to carry out tests and see the results? I cant see light jogging causing anything too serious? No different to him playing with his kids in the garden, he cant not ever increase his heart rate through exercise, its beat for it to be in monitored situations surely?

Like i said anyway, it could result in him having to retire, but he could also be cleared as being fine, maybe he might need an op like Mark O'Brien did a few years back.

Or maybe it's complete bolleuax?

"Just go out there and jog about Chrissy, if you get through it then we know you're ok to jog, if you keel over on the spot then we know you shouldn't have jogged. It's a bit risky, but the only way to test I'm afraid".

13 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

The Club would be 100% aware that they have a duty of care to every member of staff - from players to the tea lady. If there is an issue then I would expect them to have him assessed, then evaluate the results and act accordingly. Light jogging at the training ground might not be any more strenuous than playing in the back garden with the kids but I would guess that from a liability point of view they would be seen as being poles apart if the Club was aware of a potential problem.

I think it's BS or at least hope it is.

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Or maybe it's complete bolleuax?

"Just go out there and jog about Chrissy, if you get through it then we know you're ok to jog, if you keel over on the spot then we know you shouldn't have jogged. It's a bit risky, but the only way to test I'm afraid".

Doubt its as simple as that? If it was that serious he would be retired already surely. People have heart murmers and then perfectly fine after being monitored. Your portraying it that he is unable to raise his heartbeat full stop, lets hope he doesnt watch any scary movies!

When it said Abdominal issue I straight away assumed something similar to what I suffer with, IBD/Collitis type issue which are getting pretty common these days. I'm also convinced (may be wrong) that he has had time out before with the same excuse.

When quiet you forget you have it but when it flares up leaves you pretty well immobile when it comes to running.

I've gone from completing an Iron distance triathlon to being unable to cover 2 miles in the space of 3 weeks. 5 mins of running and I turn into a human muck spreader.!!!!

Darren Fletcher had a year out with similar.

5 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

When it said Abdominal issue I straight away assumed something similar to what I suffer with, IBD/Collitis type issue which are getting pretty common these days. I'm also convinced (may be wrong) that he has had time out before with the same excuse.

When quiet you forget you have it but when it flares up leaves you pretty well immobile when it comes to running.

I've gone from completing an Iron distance triathlon to being unable to cover 2 miles in the space of 3 weeks. 5 mins of running and I turn into a human muck spreader.!!!!

So he’s full of poo then? 

43 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

Martin will go to QPR on loan  and they will pick up all his wages........??     If he goes on a free at doesn't matter. Its the wages off our books that is important. McClaren owes us that !!

Unless he has a residual value. If this is the case and he goes on a free we take a hit to FFP to the sum of his RV? 

Thats without even considering that if he leaves without asking we have to pay him off too! 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

Unless he has a residual value. If this is the case and he goes on a free we take a hit to FFP to the sum of his RV? 

Thats without even considering that if he leaves without asking we have to pay him off too! 

He has no RV. We had him on a free. I think his wages might be considerable considering his playing record over the last 2 seasons.

Just now, i-Ram said:

He has no RV. We had him on a free. I think his wages might be considerable considering his playing record over the last 2 seasons.

Good point. I forget that we got him on a free considering how good he is/was. 

The point about having to pay him off still stands mind

3 hours ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Could be something in this. DT today states illness. 

4 hours ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

I’ve had to put my sandwich down!!?

Archived