Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

You’d think though that, if there was a genuine interest from China, that we would have heard something concrete about it by now? 

Yup. And the reporter didn't even know if it was genuine or not

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, JG400 said:

We may find by January they are suddenly interested in a move else where don't want to find yourself in Summer unemployed trying to negotiate a wage

I doubt it. Lot of money to be made in football running down contracts and taking a big signing bonus at your next club. Plus there’s a loyalty bonus for seeing out your contract and not askin for a move. If we don’t sell them this summer the reality is we probably won’t get anything for them. Also with so many contracts running out out FFP balance I’ll take a massive hit.

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I doubt it. Lot of money to be made in football running down contracts and taking a big signing bonus at your next club. Plus there’s a loyalty bonus for seeing out your contract and not askin for a move. If we don’t sell them this summer the reality is we probably won’t get anything for them. Also with so many contracts running out out FFP balance I’ll take a massive hit.

Who would we have left to sell to balance that? Maybe better saving selling Vydra TIL then?

58 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

The hope is they decide to put themselves in the shop window or earn a new contract.

Weimann deal however shows evidence that these players can still be effectively moved on. No doubt the move for him was made because they saw the opportunity for a bargain due to his contract running down.

It is all speculation as to whether he stays or goes - at the end of the day the player has the power. What l would like to know, from the genuine ITKs of this forum, is what is going on day to day at Moor Farm. Is he turning up daily, is he training, is he carrying any significant injury or is he limbo dancing?

Apart from being paid a lot more money than he is currently receiving I struggle to see why Vydra would consider a move to Leeds at this point as it’s not like he hasn’t been getting a game and he has been scoring goals for us so I assume either Leeds do not have sufficient money to either pay us or pay him or a combination of the two and he has to consider that Leeds have hardly assembled a team that looks good even on paper.

1 hour ago, David said:

Yup. And the reporter didn't even know if it was genuine or not

Haha I love this - A perfect example of how now news becomes news in the echo chamber of Journalism

DET thinks it's amusing to run a pun headline that Vydra's "Off to China" because the Czech national side is going to the China cup

Other Journos just see the headline - Turn it into a rumour...

Hilarious

Just now, Sparkle said:

Apart from being paid a lot more money than he is currently receiving I struggle to see why Vydra would consider a move to Leeds at this point as it’s not like he hasn’t been getting a game and he has been scoring goals for us so I assume either Leeds do not have sufficient money to either pay us or pay him or a combination of the two and he has to consider that Leeds have hardly assembled a team that looks good even on paper.

Yeah. Having no reason to want to go to Leeds is exactly why he's demanded so much. It's not greed as some folks say. It's giving him a reason to go.

It would be greed if he was getting an offer for a prem club and demanded 20k a week more, that's a clear step-up. 

What if i were Vydra? I might be thinking...".i had a great season last year, scored loads of goals, boosted my reputation despite not being used in my preferred position and playing fewer games than i should have ( in my opinion). I was playing in a defensive minded, boring and non- creative system with barely any positive football. I am not even sure i was the managers first choice..

I could cash in and move on but what if Frank gets us playing progressive, positive, pressing football with a bit of flair? What a season i could have if the team can play to my strengths? Linking up with some decent midfielders...I am a simple lad...i drink in Belper...I really fancy a bit of this. I get it that Frank needs to sell to recoup some cash but i am not sure i want to go..."

He might fly of to China this week for loads of cash but i hope not

8 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

I beg Nugent gets no where near the pitch this season. Cant stand him

Seems like a nice chap to me 

football wise he needs to find himself a two year deal somewhere else but I suspect we wil still have him until January 

Archived