Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

All depends on formation if he fights for a place then good but if hes going to be on the bench due to the formation then we need to get rid. how Vydra believes he should be on 50k a week is beyond me if we stay down and his contract runs out we wont pay that amount and he will go for peanuts..... 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

All depends on formation if he fights for a place then good but if hes going to be on the bench due to the formation then we need to get rid. how Vydra believes he should be on 50k a week is beyond me if we stay down and his contract runs out we wont pay that amount and he will go for peanuts..... 

Vydra most likely does not think he should be on 50k but there is no harm in him asking for it.Remember Seth Johnson and Leeds he would have been happy with X amount Leeds then offered that times two.

13 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

If you believe anything published by that person you must also believe in Santa Clause the worst jounalist ever

If Mr. Clause knows when people are sleeping, and knows when they're awake, what's to say he doesn't know other things too? Reckon he could be #ITK

5 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

If you believe anything published by that person you must also believe in Santa Clause the worst jounalist ever

Santa Worst journalist ? Are we talking present day ?

Honestly unless we make a stinking profit the I’d like him to stay. Let’s develop our youth while having some loans to keep us buzzing. .. see where the roller coaster takes us and Matty scores goals. And who knows .. Vydra foil to Martin. Happiness and Concorde on the forum ? 

22 hours ago, jono said:

Honestly unless we make a stinking profit the I’d like him to stay. Let’s develop our youth while having some loans to keep us buzzing. .. see where the roller coaster takes us and Matty scores goals. And who knows .. Vydra foil to Martin. Happiness and Concorde on the forum ? 

Perhaps lampard has the sense to actually try it,unlike rowett.

I think Frank is fairly open minded and up up for trying new ideas and formations. 

He is does not appear to be rigid or fixated with our style or method of play.

It appears all the squad will be be given a fair chance to see what they can do before future are decided. That is unless a bid too good to turn down is received

Personally, unless we receive a fee around £14-15m for Vydra, then I really don’t see tthe need to sell him based on a financial basis. I ctuslly think that we still have a very useful squad - maybe we need a decent other left back option as I see that as a week spot for us. 

But we havexup to 10 players who’s  ontracts are up at the end of the season and that must represent £7-10m if wages a year and that would take us down to circa £24m total wage bill at the club, which I think is reasonable. I’m sure that Frankie and Morris can certainly come up with different work ethics and different game plans and formations with the existing squad to make us very competitive and a real threat. Rowett was so bloody negative and wanted a ‘counter attack’ team, but we hadn’t the players to do it. 

This ONE up front theory game plan does my box in. It’s rubbish !!!

i see no reason why a rejuvenated Martin or Jones with a partner such as Vydra, maybe even Bennett and a young striker coming through from U23’s can’t be a formidable combination. We could probably do with a wide player who can cross a decent ball, a left back and maybe a more mobile midfield option, but I think that can be covered from within the club. 

Just my thoughts and I don’t think we need to ship another load of cash on any expensive signings. I’m sure Frank will get some very useful loans in from his Prem contacts. 

2 hours ago, Keepyuppy said:

But we havexup to 10 players who’s  ontracts are up at the end of the season

We may find by January they are suddenly interested in a move else where don't want to find yourself in Summer unemployed trying to negotiate a wage

11 hours ago, Keepyuppy said:

Personally, unless we receive a fee around £14-15m for Vydra, then I really don’t see tthe need to sell him based on a financial basis. I ctuslly think that we still have a very useful squad - maybe we need a decent other left back option as I see that as a week spot for us. 

But we havexup to 10 players who’s  ontracts are up at the end of the season and that must represent £7-10m if wages a year and that would take us down to circa £24m total wage bill at the club, which I think is reasonable. I’m sure that Frankie and Morris can certainly come up with different work ethics and different game plans and formations with the existing squad to make us very competitive and a real threat. Rowett was so bloody negative and wanted a ‘counter attack’ team, but we hadn’t the players to do it. 

This ONE up front theory game plan does my box in. It’s rubbish !!!

i see no reason why a rejuvenated Martin or Jones with a partner such as Vydra, maybe even Bennett and a young striker coming through from U23’s can’t be a formidable combination. We could probably do with a wide player who can cross a decent ball, a left back and maybe a more mobile midfield option, but I think that can be covered from within the club. 

Just my thoughts and I don’t think we need to ship another load of cash on any expensive signings. I’m sure Frank will get some very useful loans in from his Prem contacts. 

Nice thought but it feels that £11-1 2m is more likely but the more the better 

15 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

West Brom and Rondon key to this now I think. He'd prefer a Midlands move. 

Makes me laugh that YEP reported on 'interest from China' yesterday. Clearly based on Derby Telegraph click bait about the China Trophy. 

Doubt that's true, I just posted it as a joke as I remembered he went to China not long ago. Bit like the Kris Commons photoshop, didn't expect people to take it seriously!

11 minutes ago, David said:

Doubt that's true, I just posted it as a joke as I remembered he went to China not long ago. Bit like the Kris Commons photoshop, didn't expect people to take it seriously!

You’d think though that, if there was a genuine interest from China, that we would have heard something concrete about it by now? 

Archived