Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

Sell him to the dirties for £silly and John Terry puts him out for the season down here first home game.

You heard it here first.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Seth Johnson to Leeds, there’s some irony if Vydra goes there, we could have their pants down again if he happened to fail.

Not sure i agree on that , Seth lad was top drawer , they only got a bad return cos he got injured not cos we sold them a dud

6 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hendrick? We got a good price overall, but it was highly amusing that every penny greived the Burnley accounts.

Dont think we had their trousers down cos lets be honest we would love him back at DCFC , we would probably have got over the line last season with his type of energy in our static midfield 

44 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

Not sure i agree on that , Seth lad was top drawer , they only got a bad return cos he got injured not cos we sold them a dud

Sure, he was great for us. Shame for him he got injured so much but funny as heck he came back here to finish his career and help get us up after they had spun led all that money (£7 m I seem to recall).  No dud, but we had their pants down.

10 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Personally think he did that video when he was back in Derby and knew about the fixtures a while ago. 

Clubs don't find out the fixtures until, at most, 24 hours before.

I'm not sure why people are expecting him to be staying out in Russia. If he was, surely he'd be a pundit for more than just the England games?

Seems logical to me that he's flying out the day/night before, and flying back the day after.

Not happy with the figures being quoted. Just 3m more than what we paid for him, and was the leagues top goal scorer.

Players were leaving the championship for 12m 10 years ago for just showing potential.

Maddison (sold for 24m) granted a very talented footballer but is vydra half the player he is?

9 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

We will end up giving him away , we always do , in fact it got me thinking - when was the last time or have we ever really had another clubs trousers down when selling a player ? We have had ours taken down on numerous occasions !! 

When we swapped Dracula [Middleton] for Gemmill ---------oh wait.

3 minutes ago, FunkyRam said:

Not happy with the figures being quoted. Just 3m more than what we paid for him, and was the leagues top goal scorer.

Players were leaving the championship for 12m 10 years ago for just showing potential.

Maddison (sold for 24m) granted a very talented footballer but is vydra half the player he is?

I’m the same as you mate but the last few weeks I’ve come to terms that he will be going and going for around 11/12 million mark. This is simply because we haven’t had any prem interest in him unlike Maddison, if so we’d be able to put 5/6 million on top, if selling Vydra is the only way to get our summer business started then is waiting and hoping for a prem team to come in worth it? 

If you're going to compare Maddison with Vydra, couple of things which have to be factored in. Maddison signed a new contract last year until 2021 with the option of a further year. Vydra's deal runs out in 2020. 

Also Maddison is only 21, Vydra 26. In Maddison you're buying potential, Vydra is in his prime/approaching depending on how you look at it. 

Plus one went to the Premier League, the other rumoured with Championship clubs.

Not as simple as looking at it and asking is Maddison twice the player. 

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hendrick? We got a good price overall, but it was highly amusing that every penny greived the Burnley accounts.

Don't worry....the Burnley accounts are in rude health - never been better!

Hendrick is really a bargain when you consider he has helped us stay up for 2 seasons....£250 million.

I’d be happy with £12m, but still think we should try and squeeze more. I have no doubts we will use the amount of interest around him to our advantage, but I’d personally rather see £12m invested in the squad than have Vydra here next season. 

Hopefully after the world cup when things get back to normal,more interest will be shown in a few players.12 mill sounds a bit short in today's market but with ads ons for appearances and sell on fees may be preferential to keeping him.

Honestly couldn't give a monkeys who we sell to, the fact that it's Leeds means they're spending most of the money they have for this year on a player many of us are divided on still. 

12 plus add ons seems to be a good starting point, it seems more than on club are interested in him so I wouldn't be surprised to see it end at around 15 million, good deal all around 

Archived