Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

4 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Does this has prove once and for all that Ince is a great player at Championship level ....but too greedy without the clinical finishing to back it up to ever be an established Premier League player?

Can't help thinking Vydra is similar. Fans expecting all manner of Premier League teams to come in for him when he isn't quite of that quality. Never going to get the run of games and chances to hit one of his rich veins of form.

not sure "greedy" is true, fair or even relevant.

He's perhaps just lacking the overall quality and impact.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Moist One said:

not sure "greedy" is true, fair or even relevant.

He's perhaps just lacking the overall quality and impact.

True? Well that's impossible to prove ...personally I think he tended to be a bit step over step over, heads down and get a shot off  ..in the Premier League his return was poor and nothing came off.

Fair?  Its my opinion. So fairness doesn't cone into it. He couldn't give a fig what I think. Your opinion may be that he wasnt greedy...and you may be right.

Relevant? I don't get this....as it goes I think he was a bit of a self promoting type (Ince Seniors didn't help) and it mattered to him as much that he was the star rather than putting the team first. Not that that is a bad thing. Look at Ronaldo.. or even Messi. They want everything to revolve around them and when it doesn't they struggle. Don't think he was a soft touch or lazy at all though. 

Agree though..he wasn't quite of the quality to get the impact he wanted and he isn't a battler, or neat and tidy player who can make a top career without end product (ala Cattermole, Drinkwater or whatever).

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

“Didn’t want to join a club that finished below Derby”, savage. I thought Leeds were irresistible and every player in the world would join such a big club?

He has trolled them the whole window. Think I got a bit more love for Vyds now

8 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

It's funny to wind up Leeds' fans, but what a load of poo ?

Did he not double check the table from last season before he travelled up to Leeds to discuss terms? What was he hoping for, to see if Leeds could negotiate with the EFL to place them above Derby in last season's table?

7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

“Didn’t want to join a club that finished below Derby”, savage. I thought Leeds were irresistible and every player in the world would join such a big club?

I agree, and it's definitely not a face saving exercise from him and his agent after being outted as a pair of greedy bar stewards. Every player would choose the big club Derby County over Leeds United every day of the week. Definitely ? 

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Lol, little Leeds well and truly put in their place.

1 minute ago, ramsbottom said:

I get the feeling the joke will be on us eventually.  Surely we need to ship at least one player out??

Maybe. But if that was the case then we wouldn't be waiting for Ipswich to allow the Waghorn move to go ahead. Why would we purposely still go ahead with that deal knowing we HAVE to sell.

2 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

I agree, and it's definitely not a face saving exercise from him and his agent after being outted as a pair of greedy bar stewards. Every player would choose the big club Derby County over Leeds United every day of the week. Definitely ? 

Vydra clearly heard the tale of Seth Johnson and loved it. We've all got a price to hold our nose and get to work, and for Vydra it was clearly a ludicrous £50k. 

3 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

You mean like jozefzoon did ?

2 minutes ago, vidukasbox said:

Well, yes. As seen by Jozefzoon signing for Derby despite Leeds' interest. Forgot about that one already?

Archived