Article on dcfc analysts

RamNut

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All too easy to attack what you don't understand simply because you don't understand it.

Football is a complex game nowadays - far more complex than a single managerial mastermind. You don't get away with "Clough-like" totalitarians (for want of a better word) anymore. 

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Analysis is great but by paying attention so much to the other team, you just begin to react off what they do rather than focus on your own strengths. It's no wonder Rowett is a massive fan of this and having only 30% of the possession.

I'd rather have a manager who puts most of his focus on what we can do. And how to improve us.

Not forever using data to work out ways of hurting the opposition meaning there is zero pattern or continuity to our own play.

If we actually had the ball then of course the analysis would have focussed on us.

anyway......the bigwigs on here reckoned that possession was over-rated.

although i never saw anyone score without the ball.

6 hours ago, Tombo said:

All too easy to attack what you don't understand simply because you don't understand it.

Football is a complex game nowadays - far more complex than a single managerial mastermind. You don't get away with "Clough-like" totalitarians (for want of a better word) anymore. 

Too many Einsteins in football these days. The manager only has to say 2 things before each half.

a) get into them

b) fk them up

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

If we actually had the ball then of course the analysis would have focussed on us.

Never seen an own goal?

Note: it’s illegal to mention Richard Keogh in this context ???

12 hours ago, RamNut said:

still scored more goals last season than any recent season when we did have the ball but did nothing with it aka havin darren bent upfront. counter attacking and not keeping he ball was down to the players available. If you think GR would still play counter attacking football if he had man citys players at his disposal then you are clearly a loony,

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

still scored more goals last season than any recent season when we did have the ball but did nothing with it aka havin darren bent upfront. counter attacking and not keeping he ball was down to the players available. If you think GR would still play counter attacking football if he had man citys players at his disposal then you are clearly a loony,

Depends how recently you want to go? More than the last 2, then yeah but less than 2 years before that (under Mac), with less points and less wins. 

14 hours ago, RamNut said:

Abso-flipping-lutely.

{aside from Real’s first goal last Saturday & og’s in general}. Proportionate possession is a sine qua non in my book. Anything else {including Rowettball} is not in the spirit or the point of the game. 

24 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Abso-flipping-lutely.

{aside from Real’s first goal last Saturday & og’s in general}. Proportionate possession is a sine qua non in my book. Anything else {including Rowettball} is not in the spirit or the point of the game. 

Must admit, had to google.

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Good point @needles but given FL’s A* in Latin perhaps we need to shape up a bit. So repeat after me -bam, -bas, -bat, -bamus, -batis, -bant.  -I, -isti, -int....etc ?

Oh no you don't. I've reached a comfortably smug middle age with my latin knowledge limited to that scene in 'Life of Brian' and the occasional football club motto.

I'll leave the culture to you and Frank.

19 hours ago, jagerbob said:

So if we'd spent £500m GR might have been tempted to be a bit more positive......ok

180mins of play off action =  One effort on goal every hour.........zzzzzz

26% possession at home and no shots on target

???

is that good?

20 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Quite often didn’t play counter attacking though.

in fact quite often we didn’t attack at all........

Archived