A foreign manager...

northantsram

Frank Lampard may be the fave for the job but there's no clues from any official sources...

It got me thinking, Could there be a foreign coach thats not well known to the average UK fan that' been in for an interview?

seems to be a trendy thing in the championship with managers such as NES and the Huddersfield manager, Sheffield Wednesday's manager.

so the question is ... is it a possibility and how happy would you be with a foreigner that has previously worked at a biggish club in one of the big league's around Europe?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, northantsram said:

Frank Lampard may be the fave for the job but there's no clues from any official sources...

It got me thinking, Could there be a foreign coach thats not well known to the average UK fan that' been in for an interview?

seems to be a trendy thing in the championship with managers such as NES and the Huddersfield manager, Sheffield Wednesday's manager.

so the question is ... is it a possibility and how happy would you be with a foreigner that has previously worked at a biggish club in one of the big league's around Europe?

Clement has scarred us.......and he wasn't even foreign.

Its no lower or higher risk than any other type of appointment. There are some highly rated ones and some who have flopped badly.

26 minutes ago, northantsram said:

Technically lampard IS foreign. He's from London!!

I suppose you have the possibiliy in attracting some decent technical foreign players. Maybe a German coach with a German centre back will make everyone happy ! 

Anybody other than Lampard now and I think there will be lots of grumbles !

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

As a left field option I wondered if we'd go for Markus Weinzierl who most recently was Schalke 04 manager. 

Il be honest iv never heard of him however this is the type of manager I meant ... Schalke are a big club and he could be amazing... could also be terrible but so could anybody we bring in ! 

23 minutes ago, NoLoRam said:

Being linked with Markus Anfang who is the Holsten Kiel manager. Done a really good job there, hope theirs something in it.

www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/cologne-appoint-markus-anfang-as-coach-for-next-season-kiel-478712.jsp

Archived