Blaming Rowett

DcfcJack

1 minute ago, DcfcJack said:

I did think that him being an ex player for us (Way before my time so don't know much about him.) he would persevere and show that loyalty to the club. Suppose that means very little these days.

He gave all the right signals in that regard, didn’t he?

I must admit that I thought he’d stay long enough to get some reasonable runs up for his resume too. I mean we all know he did well at Burton and Birmingham...but his achievements were all what I call, “despites”. He did well at Burton despite it being such a small club. He did well at Birmingham despite the turmoil surrounding the club.

I honestly thought he had to stay at least 2-3 seasons to put some real meat on what he’s done as a manager.

But I also thought Clement would struggle to get another job after publicly demeaning his successor and attacking players and club at Swansea.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

So many contrasting emotions.

I’m still going with happy/relieved - massive bullet dodged. Onwards - just need to make sure we get a proper manager in now.

I think I have read this statement on this forum at on at least 5 different occasions over the last 5 years. Here we go again.

Rowett needs to have a good season with Stoke if he wants to step up to the Premiership anytime soon.

Gaining a reputation for being unyrustworthy is one thing, but untrustworthy & unsuccessful - that's his career over.

Big gamble for Gaz really. 

1 minute ago, EssendonRam said:

He gave all the right signals in that regard, didn’t he?

I must admit that I thought he’d stay long enough to get some reasonable runs up for his resume too. I mean we all know he did well at Burton and Birmingham...but his achievements were all what I call, “despites”. He did well at Burton despite it being such a small club. He did well at Birmingham despite the turmoil surrounding the club.

I honestly thought he had to stay at least 2-3 seasons to put some real meat on what he’s done as a manager.

But I also thought Clement would struggle to get another job after publicly demeaning his successor and attacking players and club at Swansea.

yeah he didn't really achieve anything solid at either club, well especially at Birmingham anyway, took them up to 7th, that's great and all but sacked before he finished the job, who knows what would have happened if he stayed, but something must have gone wrong for him to be sacked.

6 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

That's the problem who. I have seen at least 20 names banded about but that just shows that theres no outstanding candidate. Scary.

I think there are three realistic, and appealing candidates, and while Cook and Smith are currently employed, I don’t think Warburton is, so you’d imagine if we’re quick then there would be a good chance of getting him.

Just need Rowett to sling his hook as quick as possible so we can speed things up.

7 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I think I have read this statement on this forum at on at least 5 different occasions over the last 5 years. Here we go again.

Indeed. It’ll make a change if we get the right man in. Seems the Americans knew a bit more about that than Mel does.

8 minutes ago, DcfcJack said:

yeah he didn't really achieve anything solid at either club, well especially at Birmingham anyway... but something must have gone wrong for him to be sacked.

According to Brum fans (and recounted on here) they got fed up with him not committing for the club, didn't sign a new deal and he was touting himself to other clubs.

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

That sums up my feelings as well mate , Gary spoke about bottlers after the Burton defeat , well hes bottled next season , took the easier option , how id love us to finish above Stoke next season , Goodbye Mr Rowett from a very let down Rams fan

I wish i could react to this comment with every single emote. That's how I feel...

43 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I agree. My gripe with Rowett isn't that he is leaving, it is that he didn't do a better job whilst he was here.

I may be putting my head on the chopping board for this but....

As an add on to this, and to possibly make a more general point about English football, but isn’t it possible that part of the problem we currently have, is that a young white English manager can seemingly have a job with better wages/signing on fees etc fall on his lap whilst achieving nothing? He’s not even had to hit his goals to get it. Then you read stories about how others find it so hard to enter management in the first place whilst we start having to look at who’s available on the management merry go round.

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

As an add on to this, and to possibly make a more general point about English football, but isn’t it possible that part of the problem we currently have, is that a young white English manager can seemingly have a job with better wages/signing on fees etc fall on his lap whilst achieving nothing? He’s not even had to hit his goals to get it. Then you read stories about how others find it so hard to enter management in the first place whilst we start having to look at who’s available on the management merry go round.

I'll let you deal with the fallout from this one.

homer.gif

1 minute ago, Kennington Ram said:

Shame on Gary really, leaving half way through a job at a pivotal time, after a solid "B" grade year in the job. He's a coward, and it'll bite him in the arse in the end.

Agreed, I think it'll bite him. It's amazing how you can go from club legend to a knobber in 16 months. 

I know it's not that popular but, If Stimac was the manager there is no way he would leave us like that. too much respect and heart for us to be treated like that. 

Spineless Rowett

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

According to Brum fans (and recounted on here) they got fed up with him not committing for the club, didn't sign a new deal and he was touting himself to other clubs.

I've heard that before, really not creating a great reputation for himself is he, left Burton, sacked from Brum for flirting with other clubs and now leaving us after signing a brand new contract in January, if the Stoke job goes south don't imagine many clubs would give him a job. Wouldn't get much sympathy from me if that happened though.

1 minute ago, DcfcJack said:

I've heard that before, really not creating a great reputation for himself is he, left Burton, sacked from Brum for flirting with other clubs and now leaving us after signing a brand new contract in January, if the Stoke job goes south don't imagine many clubs would give him a job. Wouldn't get much sympathy from me if that happened though.

It's been said before, but he talks a good talk. Not convinced on him walking the walk though. But I agree with whoever else said that maybe he's well aware of his own limitations. So he sees Stoke as the easier opportunity to get to the Prem. Or maybe he's just a bit dim and wants the money cos I reckon Stoke could have a touch of the Sunderlands about them...

21 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I did suggest Chris Powell or Frank Bruno last night in all fairness.

Archived