Blaming Rowett

DcfcJack

To add to my list of grievances with him, I now see that Johnny Russel is back in the Scotland squad for their next game.

He is getting rave reviews over here, and they cant believe they got such a class player for peanuts.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Simon Jordan wasn’t really likeable as a Chairman for many but listen to him odd times when I’m travelling and always seems to talk a fair bit of sense. He’s quite impartial as a pundit.

7 hours ago, DcfcJack said:

I've been seeing a lot of people saying they don't blame Rowett for leaving, mainly due to the financial situation here at Derby and the large sum of money he could spend at Stoke.

Personally, Rowett must have known the problems we would face if we didn't go up last season, so for him to take the job, not achieve promotion, and jump ship at the first chance at a fresh start is just shocking.

Don't know what you all think on the matter, simply put, can you understand his reason for leaving or should he have stayed for the long haul.

Don't want him here ,obviously has no interest ,aspiration or loyalty to the club and has nothing else to offer us next season. GR  managerial skills equate to nothing more than,

buy old, sell young,

defensive football,

Talk the talk and then walk

Blame him entirely, he’s jumped ship from a team he claims is close to his heart, to another one in the same division without achieving his aims here. Money grabber, nothing more, nothing less. He won’t be getting a welcome reception from me when we play stoke, far from it. The derby crowd ever booed a manager before?

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Blame him entirely, he’s jumped ship from a team he claims is close to his heart, to another one in the same division without achieving his aims here. Money grabber, nothing more, nothing less. He won’t be getting a welcome reception from me when we play stoke, far from it. The derby crowd ever booed a manager before?

Do you work?

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's been said before, but he talks a good talk. Not convinced on him walking the walk though. But I agree with whoever else said that maybe he's well aware of his own limitations. So he sees Stoke as the easier opportunity to get to the Prem. Or maybe he's just a bit dim and wants the money cos I reckon Stoke could have a touch of the Sunderlands about them...

Here’s hoping!

rowett will charm the Stoke faithful with his patter.........”little bit of quality.....”

then he’ll build a team around crouchie? 

Sith Happens
Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Do you reckon its for as much as Rowett got here?

Irrelevant. Very few people would turn down a new job with better prospects and likely more money. 

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Do you work?

I’m a student so trust me I know the need for more money in our world, but football is a different reality. Should be more about ambition imo, if I was at a club I love I certainly wouldn’t leave in a sideways step for more money. In football you’re paid enough as it is, anything more is just money grabbing. If it was a division up I’d understand it, but this move is nothing but one of a snake. Hardly like stoke are a massive club either, could very well not see the prem for decades if they make a hash of it.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Simon Jordan wasn’t really likeable as a Chairman for many but listen to him odd times when I’m travelling and always seems to talk a fair bit of sense. He’s quite impartial as a pundit.

his autobiography is a cracking read. 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m a student so trust me I know the need for more money in our world, but football is a different reality. Should be more about ambition imo, if I was at a club I love I certainly wouldn’t leave in a sideways step for more money. In football you’re paid enough as it is, anything more is just money grabbing. If it was a division up I’d understand it, but this move is nothing but one of a snake. Hardly like stoke are a massive club either, could very well not see the prem for decades if they make a hash of it.

How much do you decide is enough though? If you earn 40k, 100k, 500k a million? Should alan sugar retire or is he a money grabber too?

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Irrelevant. Very few people would turn down a new job with better prospects and likely more money. 

Agree, but then I'd also expect his ex-employers and ex-colleagues, and possibly ex-customers, to not particularly appreciate being left in the lurch, with a job half done, and poorly at that.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Much bigger and better proposition than Derby currently, everyone keeps reminding us of our ageing squad, crowds decreasing, lack of funds, the managerial go round, the apparent issues with structure, the lack of any decent scouting, the no identity, the lack of good football.....

Agree its a tad taking the Micky on Gary’s behalf..... but Mel reaps what he sows with how he’s ran this club since he took full control. 

Hes got the chance to start properly afresh now, and be a blessing in disguise and create an identity, a blank canvas...... but I fear he will never learn.

I will leave the tin hat off and take any incoming..... 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

Agree, but then I'd also expect his ex-employers and ex-colleagues, and possibly ex-customers, to not particularly appreciate being left in the lurch, with a job half done, and poorly at that.

True, if i worked somewhere that gave me an opportunity but i got a substantial better offer elsewhere i wouldn't expect my existing employers to be happy, but i would still go.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

How much do you decide is enough though? If you earn 40k, 100k, 500k a million? Should alan sugar retire or is he a money grabber too?

What Gary will be on will be more than enough as a championship manager , as I say bide your time and if you’re good enough you get a job higher up for more money, then you can leave under no real complaints. If you’re not good enough then you’ll soon find out as you’re sacked from the job you went for more money too and then can’t get another because of your reputation. Football management is a fickle business, getting the reputation Gary is is not a good thing.

4 hours ago, DcfcJack said:

I've heard that before, really not creating a great reputation for himself is he, left Burton, sacked from Brum for flirting with other clubs and now leaving us after signing a brand new contract in January, if the Stoke job goes south don't imagine many clubs would give him a job. Wouldn't get much sympathy from me if that happened though.

Sympathy I'd piss myself.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

What Gary will be on will be more than enough as a championship manager , as I say bide your time and if you’re good enough you get a job higher up for more money, then you can leave under no real complaints. If you’re not good enough then you’ll soon find out as you’re sacked from the job you went for more money too and then can’t get another because of your reputation. Football management is a fickle business, getting the reputation Gary is is not a good thing.

If he goes he no doubt doesn't expect to fail though. He may as you say but he will be confident in his ability to succeed or he wouldn't be doing the job

Archived