Winnall

Waffle

Pondering over areas I feel we will look to strengthen (left back, mobile centre mid, another winger and a striker) my mind went to the potential signing of Sam Winnall. 

I love the passion he has for the club but I do worry about how he will be after returning from his injury?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, like his attitude in staying around after his injury. But we really need to sort our attacking options out.

Unless he's available for a nominal fee then it's too bigger risk. Good luck to him getting back to fitness.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He scored goals but mainly as an impact player...I can't see us building a team around him.

We're not allowed to build teams around players like Vydra and Martin, there's better ways to win than scoring goals! ?

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

We're not allowed to build teams around players like Vydra and Martin, there's better ways to win than scoring goals! ?

Why didn’t Reading win loads of games then.....

2 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

What i dont understand is why he was still on the scene around the club after his injury. When  james wilson had a long term injury while on loan to us he was on the first train back to manchester

He doesn't fit in at Wednesday, personal issues with other players.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's definitely better ways of winning matches than building teams around a striker that has scored 15 goals in 2 seasons...

Id offer them 500k for him and not a penny more. He’s currently injured, were taking the risk of him not being the same player off their hands. 

Id also give him an 18 month deal with a 18month extension that can be triggered by us to minimise our risk too. 

What will probably happen is we’ll pay £6m for him on a 5 year deal.

Archived