There must have been some sort of deal made at the time of the loan signing. As mentioned earlier in this thread loan players always bugger off back to their parent club as soon as they get injured 🤔

Id offer them 500k for him and not a penny more. He’s currently injured, were taking the risk of him not being the same player off their hands. 

Id also give him an 18 month deal with a 18month extension that can be triggered by us to minimise our risk too. 

What will probably happen is we’ll pay £6m for him on a 5 year deal.

This is my first signing if I’m the manager. Jerome showed quality in too few glimpses, felt he wasn’t quite at the races against Fulham in either leg. Nuge I would keep around, but only for the spirit and camaraderie he brings, as well as a sub. Win all is the young striker you put up top and give him half a season to grow into the role as your lead talisman.

The fact I think we can get him at an affordable rate ticks enough boxes for me. Sign him up

2 minutes ago, r4derby said:

This is my first signing if I’m the manager. Jerome showed quality in too few glimpses, felt he wasn’t quite at the races against Fulham in either leg. Nuge I would keep around, but only for the spirit and camaraderie he brings, as well as a sub. Win all is the young striker you put up top and give him half a season to grow into the role as your lead talisman.

The fact I think we can get him at an affordable rate ticks enough boxes for me. Sign him up

Why would your first signing be someone that can't even pass the medical? 

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why would your first signing be someone that can't even pass the medical? 

Because I don’t think we will be making many this summer, and I want someone in who I think can be our starter long term at an important position. Serious injury yes, but there’s been no comment to suggest it’s been complicated or problematic. This is a guy who wants to play for our club, that’s worth something.

Im also not the manager, respect if you view him differently

23 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Bust up with Forestieri at the training ground. 

Is that when Forestieri went on strike because he wanted to join a club that do The Bounce better?

(Note: even though with nicked it off Rangers and not them).

14 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Absolute madness!

I like him but I wouldn't sign him permanent unless he's going to be dirt cheap. Can't afford to be signing injured players in our situation. It's not like he was that brilliant either, he was good don't get me wrong, scored some very good goals, but he never really made that striker spot his own. 

Also think we should go all out for a quality striker in the summer so if signing Winnall means we won't be bringing another striker in, then I'd be a little disappointed.