Winnall

Waffle

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my first signing if I’m the manager. Jerome showed quality in too few glimpses, felt he wasn’t quite at the races against Fulham in either leg. Nuge I would keep around, but only for the spirit and camaraderie he brings, as well as a sub. Win all is the young striker you put up top and give him half a season to grow into the role as your lead talisman.

The fact I think we can get him at an affordable rate ticks enough boxes for me. Sign him up

2 minutes ago, r4derby said:

This is my first signing if I’m the manager. Jerome showed quality in too few glimpses, felt he wasn’t quite at the races against Fulham in either leg. Nuge I would keep around, but only for the spirit and camaraderie he brings, as well as a sub. Win all is the young striker you put up top and give him half a season to grow into the role as your lead talisman.

The fact I think we can get him at an affordable rate ticks enough boxes for me. Sign him up

Why would your first signing be someone that can't even pass the medical? 

2 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Why would your first signing be someone that can't even pass the medical? 

Because I don’t think we will be making many this summer, and I want someone in who I think can be our starter long term at an important position. Serious injury yes, but there’s been no comment to suggest it’s been complicated or problematic. This is a guy who wants to play for our club, that’s worth something.

Im also not the manager, respect if you view him differently

23 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Bust up with Forestieri at the training ground. 

Is that when Forestieri went on strike because he wanted to join a club that do The Bounce better?

(Note: even though with nicked it off Rangers and not them).

14 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Absolute madness!

I like him but I wouldn't sign him permanent unless he's going to be dirt cheap. Can't afford to be signing injured players in our situation. It's not like he was that brilliant either, he was good don't get me wrong, scored some very good goals, but he never really made that striker spot his own. 

Also think we should go all out for a quality striker in the summer so if signing Winnall means we won't be bringing another striker in, then I'd be a little disappointed. 

3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

I like him but I wouldn't sign him permanent unless he's going to be dirt cheap. Can't afford to be signing injured players in our situation. It's not like he was that brilliant either, he was good don't get me wrong, scored some very good goals, but he never really made that striker spot his own. 

Also think we should go all out for a quality striker in the summer so if signing Winnall means we won't be bringing another striker in, then I'd be a little disappointed. 

He's done his ACL. Not for the first time. Signing him before he's played 15 games and shown he's in form is madness

He gives his all and scored some good goals.  But let's not forget that when fit he was usually on the bench. He would be a good addition to the squad IF he can come back fit.

But we shouldn't depend on him alone

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Absolute madness!

Must be a little bit. I’m feeling rather optimistic about our side with a few young players in there, despite the disappointment of the playoffs, our Feb/March blip and a concerning, aging squad

13 hours ago, philmycock said:

Is that when Forestieri went on strike because he wanted to join a club that do The Bounce better?

(Note: even though with nicked it off Rangers and not them).

Ha, bless, no he had a fight with several players during his 7 months at Wednesday, Forestieri, Fletcher and Hutchinson by all accounts. You're welcome to him.

Got a couple of new songs for you next season too.....

1 hour ago, walkleyowl said:

Ha, bless, no he had a fight with several players during his 7 months at Wednesday, Forestieri, Fletcher and Hutchinson by all accounts. You're welcome to him.

By all accounts it sounds like Forestieri could start a fight in an empty room.

10 hours ago, walkleyowl said:

Why have Rangers passed some down?

Archived