Fulham F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Have watched the replay too many times already thanks to American TVs obsession with fulham.... 

the first goal, Keogh stood there and watched Sessegnon (Who by the way I am better than) walk right in front of him to the six yard box to smash it in. And the second Keogh was stood next to the goal scorer as the corner kick was taken and just watched him walk away and have a free header. 

He is an joke of a footballer. Has to go. Right now. 

It wasn't mate. Wisdom was marking him. Then totally took his eye off the player and never moved an inch once the ball was played yet sess made the move and gambled.

1 minute ago, EnigmaRam said:

It wasn't gutless. Just never made the right final ball.

It was, and it shouldn't be painted in another way. What was good about our second leg performance? We didn't defend well, and we didn't create any good chances going forward. We deserved what we got for a pathetic lack of ambition.

Of course Rowett gets to keep his job. At the start of the season we all would have snatched at the chance of play-offs. The summer is a big one for him though, being his third transfer window. If we start the season like we were playing in October/November/December then it's onwards and upwards. If things don't look to be improving by Christmas, though, then he should be rightfully shown the door.

All I know is we all need to get behind him and see what he serves up next season. This is supposed to be a project, remember.

25 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

This season was ruined during the January transfer window. Considering how much was spent on the squad compared to the other top six I'd say it was a fairly successful season. The team did really well over the two legs in the play-offs and showed good effort and mental strength which has been missing in recent seasons. This squads massive changes in the summer and I have no idea how that's going to happen. I really can't decide if I want Rowett here next season or not, all depends whats going on behind the scenes.

Good point this. A number of posts were made post transfer window slump and you only have to look at mitrovich going to them in January to see what happens when you get it right. The future does look a bit cloudy, Is it likely Huddlestone and Davies will have as good a season (I’m speaking realitvley to our own team) next season? Vydra has been top scorer but isn’t first choice? Jerome has had a decent run of late but how likely is it that he’s going to be a top six striker given he is 31? Does Lawerence look like he is committed to developing into a top championship player or does he have an air that he thinks he is already above that? Is this one too many failed seasons for Keogh, especially at his age? After two seasons of mostly downs is Bradley Johnson likely to be a driving force in a side pushing for promotion? Do any of our academy prospects look likely to cement a first team place? Will there be suitors of newly promoted clubs sniffing around Carson?

Whtever the answers to those questions the real concern for me there is so many questions to  answer and given Mel’s comments comments earlier in the season that we won’t be adding too much to the squad this summer as there is a belief that we have a strong foundation in place, I think were in for some challenging seasons ahead. Hope I’m wrong.

2 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Hmmm. 

Better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Seems an odd comment but what I think he is getting at is that we should have tried to kill off the tie in the first leg rather than being negative in the 2nd half of the first game?

1 minute ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Hmmm. 

Better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I think it's a fair point, though. For me we were far too negative in the first leg; parking the bus just showed how scared of them we were. We had one shot on target, at home. 

I thought we were excellent for the first 25 mins tonight, but it's so tough to maintain that level of discipline for 180 mins.

54 minutes ago, drgoodspeak said:

Better team maybe, but FFS just get the basics right and make a pass to your own player in the opposition half! How many times did we get into good positions and missed easy passes? So frustrating.

Exactly my view.

2 minutes ago, Seaside Ram said:

However well they played I hope the sly cheating Fulham players get cheated out of it in the final !

Hmmm, whilst that dive alone was disgusting in its own right I’m not sure we can talk too much. We’ve had players trying to con the ref this season too. 

Almost as ironic as a Gary Rowett side complaining about time wasting. 

I hope there’s no cheating at all tbf! 

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Seems an odd comment but what I think he is getting at is that we should have tried to kill off the tie in the first leg rather than being negative in the 2nd half of the first game?

Ok we were second best to a good team, however there were chances at 0-0, 1-0 ,2-0 and even in the last few minutes Keogh had a chance at the far post. The tie was definitely not lost in the first leg. Literally or metaphorically. Just seems a moronic sentence to type.

Mission accomplished.... we set up not to score and we didn't.

Ah well at least i wont get my season ticket money back..... again! Dam you mel your promise is a curse!!!! 

Plus lets face it, if we had gone through there'd have been no justice.... hey three cheers for ramieres. 

Didn't deserve it over the two legs. Fulham by far the superior side playing the kind of football I'd love to see us playing. Good luck to Fulham, decent club, exciting to watch, fully deserve to go up, hope they do.

As for us, feels like this is a real watershed. Very old and disjointed squad. Not particularly good to watch. Odd recruitment policy. Lots of work to be done over the summer but I would honestly still give GR next season to see if he can show he's learning and getting the squad into a coherent group trying to play attacking football. He (anyone!!) is going to need time to restructure and put a proper development plan forward. He's shown he can grind out results and get us top 6. I'd sooner we stick with GR to give him a chance than have yet another manager in to make it even more disjointed.

I want to see building a football club again, with a coherent ethos, young players, team spirit and decent football. Dare I say it, the kind of football club we nearly were 5 years ago!!

2 minutes ago, RodleyRam said:

I want to see building a football club again, with a coherent ethos, young players, team spirit and decent football. Dare I say it, the kind of football club we nearly were 5 years ago!!

Ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

Great first post Sheepy, stick around, we might need your humour in the coming weeks. ? 

Not first post as have been away for a while....which may or may not be down to the Police finding my last ex wife after a similar incident a few years ago (damn those pesky kids and their Great Dane).

Hey ho! To the Potteries we go ?!

14 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Hmmm, whilst that dive alone was disgusting in its own right I’m not sure we can talk too much. We’ve had players trying to con the ref this season too. 

Almost as ironic as a Gary Rowett side complaining about time wasting. 

I hope there’s no cheating at all tbf! 

Maybe im too wounded to agree , if the ref had booked mc donald on andi he would have gone and as for that kamara #### trying to get Scotty sent off ? Not having it , hope they and their piss poor supporters get **** on big time at Wembley?

Archived