Fulham F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Ince was a big loss. He had his critics for “being arrogant” and not working hard enough, which were wrong in my view but one thing that he did not lack was technical quality. We failed to adequately replace him and Hughes and arguably Bryson too by not replacing him with a box to box Midfielder. Even Russell too.

We Should do everything we can to keep bryson & get him back in the side 

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The better team did win but given the investment over the last few years, all the managerial changes, the changes in style of football etc... it’s hard to know where we are going. Part of me understands the oh weren’t we valiant against a really impressive Fulham side and another part of me is why the hell are we playing second fiddle to Fulham in the second tier of English football . Maybe that’s just misguided entitlement but we have been big hitters in terms of transfer fees and wages but in some way it doesn’t feel like the team is progressing towards a more likely promotion. This isn’t a Rowett out post but my hope for us being a team pushing onwards and upwards feels a little bit extinguished. Then again it’s football, who knows what will happen...

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Don't know about that... If fulham go up, who will be any good next year? The relegated teams are all ****. Villa maybe? They may have to cut their wage bill if they don't go up. 

Rowett has strengthened the team with davies, hud, jerome and wisdom... Shame he sold hughes for the price of a bag of pork scratchings. Lawrence has been a disappointment over the Season as a whole and  was missing again tonight. 

Err Villa , Middlesborough , West Brom, Swansea, Stoke will be tough , Leeds , Norwich will steal points and we will be stuck with most of this squad and can't buy anyone

14 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The prem’s much different nowadays mate. The money is much more evenly distributed meaning that it would be next to impossible for any team to be that bad again. Burnley finished 7th this season with a relatively championship quality team

Exactly son. Everton are dog **** and there are 12 teams worse than them. Ideal time to go up and whoever does will survive easily. 

33 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

so you exclusively blame our entire back 4, but not the players in front of them that haven't been able to keep the ball for more than 3-4 seconds?

This is true although this doesn’t excuse the defenders. Thinking about it Huddlestone gave the ball away numerous times. Strange considering his play-off experience. Ok I take my comments back.

Fulham much better side over both legs and deserved their wembley trip. Mainly due to the fact they can string several passes together. If we cannot do the basics, then we do not deserve to go up. Very poor football from Derby and not good to watch. Weimann put in the effort though. Carson is the only Premiership class player we have really. See you next season...toodle-pip!

Gary Rowett will always have his teams play this way. The team is nowhere good enough nor will it be with the current strategy.Mac 3 anytime for me at least Derby played football not parking the bus. 

Tonight proved what most fans probably suspected - 6th place was about right as an indicator of the whole seasons' performance and hopefully Fulham will go on to win the final. We probably need 3 or 4 additions - younger players who can better implement the system Rowett, rightly or wrongly has decided he feels best suits us. Friday gave us hope but ultimately we didn't have the quality in key positions to finish the job.

The 'know-it-alls' and those who seem to enjoy sticking the boot in at every opportunity are wasting no time in coming on with their four'peneth - you kind of expect it as sure as night follows day - fill your boots guys.

Personally, I'm relieved the season finishes here. We weren't good enough but hey ho, bring on August with a few new faces, maybe a couple of the young players who have been out on loan and we go again.

9 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

To all those moaning sods who are “happy” about the defeat because it proves their point about them being right about Rowett.

I think you need to have a really good think about your priorities next season and choose the garden centre over Derby next season.

I for one have had enough with your negativity and the club doesn’t need you around.

You cant get more negative than Gary Rowett!

PistoldPete2
17 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

A victory for football tonight. Part of me is glad Fulham won as they thoroughly deserved it over the two legs and for being by far the better team in the league.

I hope they win the final, a team like that playing that brand of football deserves success and PL football.

I can relate to them so much as Mac’s team was a split image of that. 

Whilst I don't entirely disagree, fact is fulham are also way better than Cardiff yet somehow or other Cardiff finished above them. Maybe because fulham only really became really really good when mitrovic joined them and they were the second best team in the league over the second half of the season. 

So so no surprise that we lost to them, in fact some might have expected more than one goal aggregate win .. In fact even closer than that as fulham left it to the third quarter of the tie to go level. 

I expected us to score tonight but Lawrence was back to his early season poor form and vydra was a waste of a shirt. We huffed and puffed but we need better quality when it comes to service from wide. 

Bringing in anya gave us better shape but he really hasn't produced the quality balls we need. A decent wide player and midfielder are priorities so that our final ball is much better. 

That’s a shame - ultimately we weren’t good enough but in all honesty I don’t think Fulham are either 

if the referee had done his job properly they may have lost the odd player we may have faired better but a poor January transfer window left us short of real quality especially with the ball - intresting summer coming up 

14 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

One positive is we sort of managed to stop that second half of the season slide.  I hope that curse is done with now.

I think this is something to take from this season. We've shown far more character than previous campaigns. Rowett has made us a lot more solid as a team. Can't fault the effort. Something to build on hopefully.

Archived