Fulham F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

I’ve been a football fan for 45 years, I’ve been a Derby fan for all of those 45 years. As much as I’m  bitterly disappointed at tonight’s defeat for Derby. At least a small crumb of comfort is, it’s a victory for football ???. Generally in life you get what you deserve, and we certainly did with those tactics tonight 

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good effort lads. Pride intact. Beaten by the better team. Good luck to them.

See you next season.

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

In my experience, they don't ever become 'ready' as youths.

Few youths start being played without doubts. Gotta play 'em. If our starter fullback stays fit and in form they may never see a pitch. I say just save the money and play Bogle, and Lowe I suppose. 

Not disagreeing but I still think we should buy new full backs regardless. We’ve seen what Lowe can do but it’s always been an issue of staying fit. There’s more of a question mark with bogle. He might turn out to be a brilliant player but equally he may turn out to be a flop. There’s 46 games in a league season so I think they’d get enough games regardless as attacking full backs use more energy so they’d get their opportunities. Liverpool(I use them as an example as they play their full backs really high) have 2 full backs for both right and left back so they can rotate if they get tired and they all play the same way so the team doesn’t have to change their tactics if one full back gets injured or suspended.

But one thing is for certain, if we are planning on staying with this back 3/back 5, we need to use attacking players in the full back positions. They don’t necessarily have to be great defensively in that position, heck victor moses was the right wing back for Chelsea last season when they won the league. 

The better team won over the 2 games to be fair. Didn’t disgrace ourselves compared to where we were a month ago but they have earned Wembley with the football they’ve played this season, we haven’t. Hope they make it, especially if it means they do Villa in the final. 

Always thought we play too risky a game. Oh well, enjoyed the anticipation for a few days. 

It would be easy to apportion blame but the fact of the matter for me is we aren’t good enough.

Best of luck to Fulham in the final. Rather see them go up than either of the other two. 

2 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I’ve been a football fan for 45 years, I’ve been a Derby fan for all of those 45 years. As much as I’m  bitterly disappointed at tonight’s defeat for Derby. At least a small crumb of comfort is, it’s a victory for football ???. Generally in life you get what you deserve, and we certainly did with those tactics tonight 

We got beat by us in 2014.

Archived