I hope he starts Vydra

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, sage said:

I could see us playing that away but it would be too defensive at home.

Also Pearce's lack of pace is really exposed in a back 3.

It's the same formation, will have little impact regarding being too defensive.

I agree Pearce doesn't have great pace, but he is a much better "defender" particularly in the air and too be honest, I am more concerned about their left flank.

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

It's the same formation, will have little impact regarding being too defensive.

I agree Pearce doesn't have great pace, but he is a much better "defender" particularly in the air and too be honest, I am more concerned about their left flank.

Hmm

Fredericks worries more than Sessegnon.

There'll be no arguments from me whoever starts. Gary's made a lot of correct decisions and managed to completely turn us around in the last couple of weeks. 

The good news for us is that our strikers are all in form and we'll have options on the bench.

23 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Although I understand what you are saying, Fulham will be completely different to any of the 3 previous games.

Their confidence may be fragile and I think we really need to press them high and get at them.

Time for Rowett to show us whether he has much in his locker tactically.

I think the 343 allows us to be more aggressive with the pressing and generally play higher up. I worry Fulham will just cut through a 4231 with Vydra at 10 particularly if we press. 

PistoldPete2
46 minutes ago, sage said:

He has to be on the bench on Monday. Hasn't got the stamina to play that role. Anya to start at LWB, put Weimann back to his normal position.

Yes if Anya is fit enough to start .

7 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes if Anya is fit enough to start .

Rowett said after the game that he nearly started him.

If we can get 65/70 mins out of him then see how the game is poised.

8 hours ago, sage said:

He has to be on the bench on Monday. Hasn't got the stamina to play that role. Anya to start at LWB, put Weimann back to his normal position.

This would definitely be a good option. We need some fresh legs and that wouldn't be too radical change.

Vydra was the only player last night who didn’t perform. Immensely frustrating, a couple of times he could’ve been in if he wasn’t on his heels and body language again was all wrong, don’t know how he changes his mindset, it’s the one thing stopping him being a really top player.

Definitely Anya for Vydra on Monday, only change I would make

On 10 May 2018 at 19:45, sage said:

Unfortunately I am old enough to remember Cox and Smith.

I don't think our back 4 and DCM are good enough and mobile enough to not get exposed against a good team. I think they would double up on Forsyth all game. When Olsson went off against Boro, they ran riot down our left for 10 minutes,scoring once and hitting the woodwork twice.

Whilst I rate Vydra higher than Lawrence and Weimann, you have to pick the best team, not the best 11 players. 

If your old enough to remember the cox and smith era then that is no bad thing. You got to see world class players playing for Derby. But you are dead right, we don't have the personnel to dominate. I bet Fulham fans would only take Carson from our team.

Vydra is our most gifted player but he routinely gets kicked out of games and we don't have any other players to draw attention away from him. I would rather see him come on after an hour when their defence have lost their edge and the dirty tackles start being late tackles and draws cards, putting pressure on them.

We have to play in a way most likely to win.

Just now, Ramsam said:

If your old enough to remember the cox and smith era then that is no bad thing. You got to see world class players playing for Derby. But you are dead right, we don't have the personnel to dominate. I bet Fulham fans would only take Carson from our team.

Vydra is our most gifted player but he routinely gets kicked out of games and we don't have any other players to draw attention away from him. I would rather see him come on after an hour when their defence have lost their edge and the dirty tackles start being late tackles and draws cards, putting pressure on them.

We have to play in a way most likely to win.

You don't think Fulham fans would take Curtis Davies or Richard Keogh? Davies in particular had one of the most dominant defensive performances I've witnessed this season last night.

I agree about Vydra though.

I thought Vydra's attitude was poor last night. Jogged his way through the game, made half-hearted tackles and threw his arms up at others patently trying much harder than him.

Don't know what his beef was last night but it wasn't the usual Vydra.

Definitely start him on the bench on Monday. Vyds is way more effective coming on later when legs are tiring. Also, it's a crying shame that Weiman has no end product - he gets into good areas but 90% of the time he fluffs his lines. I know he runs around a lot, great, but if we only get a couple of chances all game - we've got to expect that Weiman won't deliver. Is there no-one else we can put in? This could big the one big £200m difference.

2 hours ago, Ramitupper said:

Definitely start him on the bench on Monday. Vyds is way more effective coming on later when legs are tiring. Also, it's a crying shame that Weiman has no end product - he gets into good areas but 90% of the time he fluffs his lines. I know he runs around a lot, great, but if we only get a couple of chances all game - we've got to expect that Weiman won't deliver. Is there no-one else we can put in? This could big the one big £200m difference.

To say Weimann "runs around a lot" is doing him a huge disservice . Agreed his final pass isn't his greatest asset but he's the best we have at pressurising defenders and keepers into making hurried clearances, which in turn spurs the crowd into more vocal support. His energy levels are second to none - oh, did you miss the major part he played leading up to the goal?

Archived