I hope he starts Vydra

I know how well we've done with him coming off the bench, but I'd take Cloughies approach of putting the 11 best footballers on the pitch every time - presuming that is you don't have two keepers in your top 11, that would, quite frankly,  be silly no matter how you slice it.

I don't see any reason why Vydra can't play with Jerome, and if Rowett does leave him out, then how stupid is he going to look if we go out and he left the divisions top scorer on the bench?

Yes we're in form now, even though it's a ridiculously small sample size of games, but we were in form 6 months ago without Jerome in the starting line up and Vydra lighting it up.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

I know how well we've done with him coming off the bench, but I'd take Cloughies approach of putting the 11 best footballers on the pitch every time - presuming that is you don't have two keepers in your top 11, that would, quite frankly,  be silly no matter how you slice it.

I don't see any reason why Vydra can't play with Jerome, and if Rowett does leave him out, then how stupid is he going to look if we go out and he left the divisions top scorer on the bench?

Yes we're in form now, even though it's a ridiculously small sample size of games, but we were in form 6 months ago without Jerome in the starting line up and Vydra lighting it up.

My thoughts exactly ,I thought the same before Barnsley we got away with then . Barnsley were unbelievably bad might not be so lucky next time .

2 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes I hope we abandon the starting XI that brought us 7 points from the last 3 games after that awful run.

Although I understand what you are saying, Fulham will be completely different to any of the 3 previous games.

Their confidence may be fragile and I think we really need to press them high and get at them.

Time for Rowett to show us whether he has much in his locker tactically.

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Although I understand what you are saying, Fulham will be completely different to any of the 3 previous games.

Their confidence may be fragile and I think we really need to press them high and get at them.

Time for Rowett to show us whether he has much in his locker tactically.

tbf if Olsson is out and we have to play 4231, his hand will be forced 

1 hour ago, sage said:

Yes I hope we abandon the starting XI that brought us 7 points from the last 3 games after that awful run.

I’m with you, I hope so too. Much rather the team who came from behind against Cardiff ( when Vydra came on )  and the one that tore Barnsley apart ( when Vydra  came  on) . Rather than the static 2 left backs which started those games 

1 hour ago, sage said:

Villa played us off the park and could have won 4-1.

Cardiff collapsed and were one chance away from going 2 up and winning the game.

Barnsley have gone down and were awful.

It makes no sense to just look at results. You have to look at how they were achieved.

To make my case I will present the Billy Davies team that went up to the Premiership, as it was then.

How many games did we scrape by?

if you're old enough think of the Cox and Smith teams who went up.

Both were dominant, even explosive at times.

The team that BD took up was always likely to struggle.

The team has recently done well and I for one am delighted, but to say you stick with it just because of the results of 3 games doesn't strike me as being very savvy.

Play your best players, and then if you fail you at least know the players weren't good enough.

3 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Villa played us off the park and could have won 4-1.

Cardiff collapsed and were one chance away from going 2 up and winning the game.

Barnsley have gone down and were awful.

It makes no sense to just look at results. You have to look at how they were achieved.

To make my case I will present the Billy Davies team that went up to the Premiership, as it was then.

How many games did we scrape by?

if you're old enough think of the Cox and Smith teams who went up.

Both were dominant, even explosive at times.

The team that BD took up was always likely to struggle.

The team has recently done well and I for one am delighted, but to say you stick with it just because of the results of 3 games doesn't strike me as being very savvy.

Play your best players, and then if you fail you at least know the players weren't good enough.

Unfortunately I am old enough to remember Cox and Smith.

I don't think our back 4 and DCM are good enough and mobile enough to not get exposed against a good team. I think they would double up on Forsyth all game. When Olsson went off against Boro, they ran riot down our left for 10 minutes,scoring once and hitting the woodwork twice.

Whilst I rate Vydra higher than Lawrence and Weimann, you have to pick the best team, not the best 11 players. 

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

Will Olson be fit? If not I can’t see how we could not start with vyds who came on for him v Barnsley. What other options are there? Pearce who started v villa.? Surely not for the home leg . Anya won’t be fit either will he? Must be vyds with Weimann as wing back or whatever you want to call it.

2 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

I only care about the result to be honest. I want us to still realistically be in the tie after the first leg unlike last time.

Yes agreed, we need to take a two goal advantage into the 2nd leg. 

1 minute ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Why do you say that?

He could play back three of Keogh Davies  Pearce and use Forsyth in the Olsson role 

I could see us playing that away but it would be too defensive at home.

Also Pearce's lack of pace is really exposed in a back 3.

Archived