Fulham

BuckoBeast

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

Boro scored last minute meaning we play Fulham in the Semis. Fulham without doubt the next best after wolves in the division 

Second best in the division that just bottled the last game of the season and lost to Birmingham 3-1? Bring em on.

Very worried about playing them. Would have much rather have played Villa so we could have got our revenge on Bruce. Fulham will overrun Johnson and Huddlestone in midfield whereas Villa are similar to us in that they don’t have much energy. 

Just now, David said:

Second best in the division that just bottled the last game of the season and lost to Birmingham 3-1? Bring em on.

Didn’t we lose 4-1 to Sunderland and 3-1 to Burton though? Fulham will fancy their chances against us. We will have to sure up in the midfield to stand a chance. I’d bring Ledley in alongside johnson and Huddlestone

We've ended up 6th after a Boro last minute equaliser meaning Fulham await in the play-offs. I don't really care who we play and I don't fancy our chances any more or any less against Fulham compared to Villa. What I am happier about however, is the fact we will have a Friday night home game. Night games in the play-offs have a much better atmosphere, I enjoyed the feel of the games vs Southampton and Brighton much more than Hull, and that's irrespective of the results.

Anyway... these are the dates for your diaries.

Derby vs Fulham - Friday 11th May - 19:45

Fulham vs Derby - Monday 14th May - 19:45

Derby vs Boro/Villa - Saturday 26th May

14th June 2018 - Premier League fixtures released.

It was an equalizer from Patrick Bamford no less, in the 7th minute of injury time at Ipswich, that changed things around.

Makes the away leg on Monday evening a much easier journey for me.

Had Fulham won they'd be in the Premier League. How gutted must they be, to have thrown it away in the final game. They're the bottlers. We'll have them!

18 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Very worried about playing them. Would have much rather have played Villa so we could have got our revenge on Bruce. Fulham will overrun Johnson and Huddlestone in midfield whereas Villa are similar to us in that they don’t have much energy. 

Seriously Mclovin!! After our last three games I have no worries whatsoever, dare to dream, it’s not painful I promise mate!! SSA

18 minutes ago, McLovin said:

What I will say though is that the play offs is a cup competition and form goes out of the window in the play offs. Man City were miles better than Liverpool in the premier league but Liverpool knocked them out of the champions league.

If we put another midfielder in the midfield alongside Johnson and Huddlestone then I give us a chance. I’m going against all of my footballing principles by saying this but we aren’t going to “outfootball” Fulham so we need to make it as ugly as possible for us to win.

I would say momentum is all with us...

We had some difficult games back end and still easily made 6th - almost 5th

We were the only team to win today - confidence you would hope is sky high..Fulham will be gutted as they have basically thrown automatic promotion away - especially as Cardiff didnt even win.

So even after our 2nd worse season in the last 5 years we may actually be the team under the radar 

36 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Lets not be worried thats the last thing we need to do as we play beneath ourselves when give opposition too much respect....Wolves and Villa away come to mind .....lets go at them and tear into them , i beleive they may buckle under pressure whereas the likes of Davies,Carson,Nugent.Jerome,Huddlestone will be  very important with there experience to make sure we don't...

I don't think you can really have a preference in the play-offs. At the end of the day, if Derby play well for the next 3 games there's a decent chance we'll go up - regardless of who the opposition is or how they play.

Mistakes will need to be at a minimum. And we'll need to be clinical. The same rules every other club will need to follow.

If Fulham and then whoever we get in the final want to make it easy by playing terribly, that would be great. But we all are very aware of the playoffs, Derby fans have been in this league longer than most, and the games are always good and there are always twists.

Actually quite glad we got Fulham instead of Villa. Admittedly they've probably been the second best team in the league over the season, but they're worried. Choked on the last day, maybe even their worst performance of the season. Feel amongst the fans is they've bottled it and the squad can't handle the pressure. I'd rather we had to go to a "rocking" Craven Cottage as opposed to Villa Park needing a result and we could take advantage of the mood amongst their camp after missing out on promotion. Could be a good tie for the Rams.

24 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Third best team in the league..

Not arguing or disagreeing with your logic, my reply was to the op that claimed they were the next best after Wolves.

Had they not just turned up for half a season, they may have been the second best side. But they didn’t, Cardiff did.

Archived