Stoke just about over the brink

Gaspode

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Man U and Arsenal fans pretty happy about it. 

Stoke still boo Aaron Ramsay for feigning injury even though Shawcross broke his leg in two places...

"Shawcross isn't that type of player" 

10 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Man U and Arsenal fans pretty happy about it. 

Stoke still boo Aaron Ramsay for feigning injury even though Shawcross broke his leg in two places...

That's the same level of intelligence that causes people to boo Peter Crouch because he's 'a bit tall' (and no doubt because he has a 'great touch for a big man').

We do like to poke

That Stoke are a joke

And they fell like an oak

Paul Lambert did croak

He's from Scottish folk

And is an alright bloke

But has he had a stroke?

Barely got a work he spoke

Will be delighted to see Stoke and WBA relegated. To understand my reasoning, WBA need to beat Spurs to stay in the league, and Chris Brunt was booked for time wasting at 0-0. Both clubs have no interest in exciting football.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Will be delighted to see Stoke and WBA relegated. To understand my reasoning, WBA need to beat Spurs to stay in the league, and Chris Brunt was booked for time wasting at 0-0. Both clubs have no interest in exciting football.

West Brom just scored - Jake Livermore....1 minute left

Just now, Andicis said:

It won't change anything, it delays their relegation, but they require too many points to save their season. 

Probably right - but Big Dave has got them fighting for the first time this season...

Just now, Gaspode said:

Probably right - but Big Dave has got them fighting for the first time this season...

I completely agree, if they played like this earlier in the year they would have stayed up comfortably.

2 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Steve McClaren hit the nail on the head on 5live commentary. Said the team have zero quality on the bench to change a game, either to defend a lead or go for the kill and score the second goal. Relying on Peter Crouch to score the goals. Never going to happen.

And as well, Mark Hughes is a useless manager. How does he keeping getting work in the Prem? Lambert couldn't save Stoke with that mess of a squad Hughes assembled last summer.

Mark Hughes actually managed to bring some decent players there a couple of seasons ago. They had one quite good season. 

Just the one mind. 

Theyre basically indistinguishable from Sunderland for me, and I suspect they’ll go the same way. 

Impressive that Hughes might get two clubs relegated in one season (both in red and white stripes as well, maybe it’s like when England had to have an all white kit for the World Cup, sky have decided that red and white stripes don’t look good in 4K ultra he, so there’s a conspiracy to get them all relegated. The conspiracy involves putting Hughes in charge of them all). 

I genuinely believe that Mark Hughes over-achieved in recent seasons and basically kept the heat of the owners for poor investment.

Stoke fans are too thick to notice.

The team had pitiful quality. Probably outspent by Bournemouth and Watford too.

Archived