Stoke just about over the brink

Gaspode

2 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

Steve McClaren hit the nail on the head on 5live commentary. Said the team have zero quality on the bench to change a game, either to defend a lead or go for the kill and score the second goal. Relying on Peter Crouch to score the goals. Never going to happen.

And as well, Mark Hughes is a useless manager. How does he keeping getting work in the Prem? Lambert couldn't save Stoke with that mess of a squad Hughes assembled last summer.

Please tell me that's what McClaren said.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Stoke were very poor today. The goal was fortunate, and the HT score wasn't really a fair reflection of how the game had gone. Palace were light years ahead of them and looked like threatening every time they went forward. Even in the second half, they probably deserved more than a 2-1 win. But for a general lack of that final killer pass then I think it would have been more convincing.

Still, a great day, and halfway towards a Carlsberg football weekend for me.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Me too. Who would buy an AIK shirt?

1 hour ago, David said:

And matching bracelets

I was lost for a while with the original question, but the bracelets gave the answer away.

100% Stockholmer. Right, @StockholmRam?

7 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I was lost for a while with the original question, but the bracelets gave the answer away.

100% Stockholmer. Right, @StockholmRam?

Actually classed as Solna...similar to how Salford is to Manchester. Bona fide Stockholm teams are Hammarby and Djurgarden and I suppose Brommapojkan

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

Mark Hughes actually managed to bring some decent players there a couple of seasons ago. They had one quite good season. 

Just the one mind. 

They came 9th three times in a row under Hughes, sure that's got to be classed as three good seasons

Be interesting to see whether they revert to type now that they're back down in the Championship.

They had a brief dalliance with trying to play football, but I expect that they'll fall back on thuggery soon enough.

They spent £50m on absolute dross in the summer, and got 2 or 3 players on frees with high wages. Total mis management by Hughes. 

Will they do a Newcastle and keep their "better" players for a tilt at promotion next season? Im not sure anyone will be knocking the door down with bids for their players. 

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

They spent £50m on absolute dross in the summer, and got 2 or 3 players on frees with high wages. Total mis management by Hughes. 

Will they do a Newcastle and keep their "better" players for a tilt at promotion next season? Im not sure anyone will be knocking the door down with bids for their players. 

I don't know, Gary might have his eye on that young crouchy fella.

Born in North Staffs, grew up in Stoke and call the place home... I'm absolutely thrilled they've gone down and hope we smash them if we don't go up.

We hate Nottingham Forest, We hate Leeds scum too (they're....) we hate Stoke City... but Derby we love you 

Up the Rams

Down the Potters  

Archived