Stoke just about over the brink

Gaspode

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

god I dislike them so much. I didn't even realise I did. Makes a mockery of claims of the PL being the best league in the world when teams like Stoke stink the place out for 10 seasons!

Derby don't play much better right now, but we ain't in the PL

Steve McClaren hit the nail on the head on 5live commentary. Said the team have zero quality on the bench to change a game, either to defend a lead or go for the kill and score the second goal. Relying on Peter Crouch to score the goals. Never going to happen.

And as well, Mark Hughes is a useless manager. How does he keeping getting work in the Prem? Lambert couldn't save Stoke with that mess of a squad Hughes assembled last summer.

When we were relegated from the Prem during THAT season, Stoke were promoted.

Wouldn't it be nice to swap with them again? Fair's fair.

I don't hate Stoke but I watched the match and they have very little quality at the moment.  

We often drive past their stadium on our way to away matches and for the first half of the season kept saying that we'll be playing there next season.  Maybe we won't be after all! 

Felt sorry for their fans, especially the ones that stayed to the end. 

I don't hate them per se - just think their entire town is one of the grimmest places I've ever been full of people with delusions of grandeur and naming your stadium the Bet365 stadium has got to be one of the worst decisions ever made (even worse than the IPro). They haven't exactly set the league alight during their time their either.

25 minutes ago, eddie said:

When we were relegated from the Prem during THAT season, Stoke were promoted.

Wouldn't it be nice to swap with them again? Fair's fair.

West Mids teams: West Brom relegated - Wolves promoted to replace them.

Welsh teams: Swansea (hopefully) relegated - Cardiff promoted to replace them.

North Mids Teams: Stoke relegated - Derby (hopefully) promoted.

To keep the quota for each area the same I think it is only fair we be the one who gets promoted. Plus if we (or Villa) get promoted it will mean two founding members of the football league replacing two others.

14 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Man U fans tweeting how sad they are about Stoke going down....

534C64B6-8841-445F-9DA3-93E4A2AAACFB.jpeg

That's pretty low, even for Stoke. Incidentally, that pub doesn't exist any more (I just checked on Google Maps - it's now a house). Hopefully the same can be said for their rancid fans.

Archived