Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

6 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its a difficult topic this one. I do find most women are fine and don't abuse it, but two I worked with came back part time, 2 or 3 days a week. Fine the business let them but erm why do any medical appointments for you or your little one seem to fall on a day you should be at work.

Yes, another point... how many elect to work a Monday?

Remind me again, how many bank holidays on a Monday?

Sith Happens
Just now, scarboroughwa said:

Yes, another point... how many elect to work a Monday?

Remind me again, how many bank holidays on a Monday?

Yep that too, then moan when they don't get time off for Christmas.

31 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yep that too, then moan when they don't get time off for Christmas.

Oh f***, don't you dare touch Christmas. Booked a year in advance, as with all other school holidays. And don't you dare attempt to touch the way it's always been.

Edited by rynny
edited out the creative way around the profanity filter

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

I took delivery of a new tent yesterday, from Amazon.........with no poles. It wasn't packed properly - like someone had taken it out, removed the poles and couldn't be arsed to put it back as it was.

The nice Irish gentleman on the phone last night, however, didn't seem to understand why I wasn't willing to accept a 25% discount if I agreed to keep it.

Suggestions welcome for a pole-less tent......

....or if anyone has just received tent-less poles, then PM me.

Oh those nights as a spotty teenager :ph34r:

We've got a bloke at work got the hump because his work/life balance request has been refused. We finish at half past three, but he wanted to work four days a week til six o'clock....doing nothing between half three and six as there is actually nothing to do.

I laughter to myself when I think of the reactions of some of my former employers would have given if anyone asked about work/life balance. 

I actually didn't know it was a thing til I joined my current employers.

19 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

Maternity Leave.

You want to chuff off for up to three years holding a job no-one else can get. No worries. Everyone will act in and around it until you re-grace us with your presence.

You only want to work two days per week? No problem, My colleagues and I will pick up the extra work as you and the others swan in and out.

You want to work your nominated hours and demand school holidays? O f course, I don't have kids, or stuff I need to get home for.

You want to make the main intention of getting a job so you can get pregnant asap to get the free cash and the three above? For sure.

Unsustainable.

I get tits off with all this. They are off for 9 months then come back 3 days a week. You haven't got a clue what they do when they come back and then at Christmas you go to book a holiday and they have already booked the time off.

4 hours ago, Gritters said:

I get tits off with all this. They are off for 9 months then come back 3 days a week. You haven't got a clue what they do when they come back and then at Christmas you go to book a holiday and they have already booked the time off.

Yep, the three year one I'm referring too has has three kids on the bounce, done a couple of months, off again etc etc.

Sith Happens
On 25/08/2017 at 13:36, scarboroughwa said:

Oh f***, don't you dare touch Christmas. Booked a year in advance, as with all other school holidays. And don't you dare attempt to touch the way it's always been.

When I got my first job I was never allowed Christmas off because those with kids were allowed first refusal.

Then I moved to an office where no one had kids, great I thought I will have Christmas only to be told I couldn't because the manager always has it off. I said surely it'd first come first serve, only to be told yes but if he doesn't have Christmas off he just phones in sick.

What???????

Sith Happens
18 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Watered down warm beer at the Haven site I'm stopping at with the grandkids. 

I'll happily pay £4 a pint for proper beer but not for holiday camp tater water...

Yup...carlsberg seems to be considered a premium beer at places like this.

Sith Happens

Europeans and their inability to queue or wait their turn.

How do they get on at home when they all do it?

I know you are supposed to accept this is just a thing with them, yeah that thing being anyone who does it is just rude. 

This annoys me. The current and incorrect use of "liking" when used as a progressive verb as in "I'm liking it". This has only really been around since 20 years ago.  Never came across it before. The correct form is "I like it"

On 29/08/2017 at 16:10, Paul71 said:

Europeans and their inability to queue or wait their turn.

How do they get on at home when they all do it?

I know you are supposed to accept this is just a thing with them, yeah that thing being anyone who does it is just rude. 

Fixed.

Sorry, I thought this was the Brexit thread.

:lol:

Being instructed on how to understand a piece of art

Tonight Mrs ramit and i sat down to watch an old film on our state media channel 1.  It was the film To Kill A Mockingbird, but before the movie could begin a woman i recognized as an annoyingly shallow book reviewer proceeded to explain what the film was about, what each character symbolized and the moral lessons to be learned from it.  This went on for a full five minutes.

At first i was taken aback, sat there open mouthed for a while, hoping this was some kind of artistic happening or a joke, but as i realized she and the station were dead serious about the need to educate the viewer on how to correctly understand this great film i became furious, started cursing at the screen, shut up you evil cow, you don't even understand the concept of a deeper meaning, ignoramus.  At this point Mrs ramit was losing her mood for watching the film with me and it was all that jumped up pretentious pseudo intellectual's fault.  Luckily though we both soon saw the humor in the bizarre insanity of it all and we turned down the volume until the art blocker had concluded her verbal vomiting and the film could begin. 

It was a terrific film BTW, for it's time

Later on i began thinking about this little episode and wondered to myself, did i get knocked out and then wake up North Korea?  Is this going to be a thing now?  Unfreakingbelievable.

Edited by ramit
typo

On 19/08/2017 at 17:42, Paul71 said:

I hate that people expect inheritance. If I had my way my mum and dad would cash in on the equity that is their house and go enjoy it...don't care if don't get left a penny.

There's also the danger that no-one ever gets to benefit. Average life expectancy is over eighty, which makes your kids around sixty. The priorities of the average sixty year old are to make sure their kids are alright so they start making plans to pass the money down!

I think the issue of entitlement goes far bigger than inheritance. We've had people at work taking time off sick because it's their entitlement rather than them being particularly ill. Like a rest for them!

Most kids grow out of the 'it's not fair' phase. For some, it lasts a lifetime.

9 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

This annoys me. The current and incorrect use of "liking" when used as a progressive verb as in "I'm liking it". This has only really been around since 20 years ago.  Never came across it before. The correct form is "I like it"

How about people who say 'laters',  as they walk away? :(