Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Not being able to follow my own advice.

I'm a really good judge of people & can instantly see through bulls hit. I'm a good listener & am good at giving good, constructive advice to people.

Talking to a colleague and close friend yesterday who was feeling a bit twitchy because his boss has just resigned & I came out with all this great stuff about if you want more then ask for it & what's the worst that can happen if you ask to take over all or some of his boss's role. Be confident in your own abilities etc.

So ironic that that's exactly what I need to do more of and don't. Doh!.

43 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Only because they call 100 people at the same time. If you're unlucky enough to be the first to answer, you get the jackpot of being sold something you don't want or need. The other 99 get off with the lucky escape of  being automatically cut off.

I did not know this Vulcan. Wow. They don't do things by halves do they ?!

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I did not know this Vulcan. Wow. They don't do things by halves do they ?!

yeah it's why if you do have someone on the other line there's normally a delay in them asking "Is that Mr Le Mesmer" as they try to work out who's answered the phone! All done automatically. Not very interesting but if it helps lessen your annoyance, glad to have helped!

On 1 February 2017 at 18:30, Tony Le Mesmer said:

The trend for shortening names in football.

Ibrahimovic is now known as 'Ibra' apparently.

Atletico Madrid are now 'Atleti' apparently.

Get a grip! :sleep:

Ohhh Tony .. I wish you hadn't done that one ... Gets me big time too .. Everything getting shortened and if you know the abbreviation then you are the "in crowd" or sound cool !

A Ferrari is what it's ..not a flipping "Fezza" ...perleaseeeee ( Razza is permissible amongst ourselves of course :ph34r:)

and "Danielle" dumps "Matt" as a headline ... Who ? And would I really care ? even if you were bright enough to print their surname.

its not abbreviation in itself, or having nicknames it's the mass media thing that seeks to popularise things that don't need making popular. ... Off with their heads I say ! 

Ok, here's something that really, REALLY annoys me.

Mel Morris is the owner and chairman of Derby County Football Club. As far as I am aware, he is not related to many of the posters on this board.

So WHY WHY WHY do people insist on calling him "Uncle Mel"? He isn't your ******* uncle (unless he actually is your uncle, in which case consider yourself excused. And lucky.) so don't call him "Uncle Mel".

Nigel Clough is 50 years old. That, granted, isn't exactly pushing up daisies territory, but neither can he be considered young. So WHY WHY WHY do people insist on calling him "Young Nigel"?

Honestly, it does my head in. Please stop.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:51, jono said:

Ohhh Tony .. I wish you hadn't done that one ... Gets me big time too .. Everything getting shortened and if you know the abbreviation then you are the "in crowd" or sound cool !

A Ferrari is what it's ..not a flipping "Fezza" ...perleaseeeee ( Razza is permissible amongst ourselves of course :ph34r:)

and "Danielle" dumps "Matt" as a headline ... Who ? And would I really care ? even if you were bright enough to print their surname.

its not abbreviation in itself, or having nicknames it's the mass media thing that seeks to popularise things that don't need making popular. ... Off with their heads I say ! 

Watching MOTD just now. Everton keeper that has been called Robles for ages now is called Joel by the commentators and has Joel on the back of his shirt. Unbelievable.

IT'S ROBLES!!!!!

On 2/3/2017 at 16:08, VulcanRam said:

Ok, here's something that really, REALLY annoys me.

Mel Morris is the owner and chairman of Derby County Football Club. As far as I am aware, he is not related to many of the posters on this board.

So WHY WHY WHY do people insist on calling him "Uncle Mel"? He isn't your ******* uncle (unless he actually is your uncle, in which case consider yourself excused. And lucky.) so don't call him "Uncle Mel".

Nigel Clough is 50 years old. That, granted, isn't exactly pushing up daisies territory, but neither can he be considered young. So WHY WHY WHY do people insist on calling him "Young Nigel"?

Honestly, it does my head in. Please stop.

Now then young Vulcan. No need to get stressed. Do you ban Uncle Ben's rice from your house?