Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

28 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Yes, but these gin bars are great places to meet attractive young women (so I am told).

Here's a short training video ...

One of the funniest clips ever....at least rodders learned his lesson.

It says proudly on the bottle of milk I've just bought '6p from this bottle goes to farmers!'.

It cost nearly 60p. So the farmers look after the cows, feed the cows, milk the cows, bottle the milk and sell it and they get 6p per bottle from one that costs 60p?

Am i missing something here?

First thing tomorrow I'm sourcing a local dairy farmer / farm shop and always buy direct in future. Supermarkets p*ss me off. Greed. Unfair greed.

HSBC.

Today they have announced that the Castle Donington branch is to close - it's the only bank in the village, and the nearest alternative is Long Eaton.

As I have just said here

Then go on to the Kyle McAllister thread load up the article and straightaway this

The Paisley club felt the latest interest from Steve McLaren's side was too good to turn down

FFS check your spelling, if you are unsure of a manager's name double check. Just makes me think the article is load of old tosh (well it is the sun)

14 minutes ago, rynny said:

As I have just said here

Then go on to the Kyle McAllister thread load up the article and straightaway this

FFS check your spelling, if you are unsure of a manager's name double check. Just makes me think the article is load of old tosh (well it is the sun)

You'd think with it being a Mc, they'd be on top of it :ph34r:

'Entitled' football fans.

I don't mean fans saying we're X therefore we should win every game, my clu's bigger than your club etc. Although that is annoying.

It's more, especially with the advent of social media, that fans demand to know every tiny detail ever, and when people get it wrong, even unintentionally, hell breaks loose.

Yesterday, Pat Murphy threw his toys right out of the pram. Quite rightly too, following some of the retweets, basically calling him a liar and a fraud from Villa fans who chose to believe other sources.

Whatever happened to 'if you've nothing nice to say, say nowt'? If you don't agree with what you're reading, ignore it, don't follow it, whatever.

I'm just grateful to hear these tiny snippets here and there. If they're wide of the mark, so be it. Nothing to get stressed about.

On a non-football note, Piers Morgan, if there was ever anyone deserving of the mythical w*nkers hat, its him. Getting all mardy at Ewan McGregor and telling him he should keep out of politics when he's just an actor, when he's just a talk show host and forever commenting on his bezzie mate The Donald

36 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I think after 184 pages some of the annoyances are veering towards the petty :lol:

what??? they have straps specially purpose made and fitted for comfortable shoulder carriage, leaving the hands free for things like steering your handle bars, holding your map, or making notes of train carriage numbers in your notebook.

Motorists that sit at junctions waiting to join the road and you are approaching the junction on the main road so you slow down a bit and flash a few times to let them out.

Nothing happens.

You are getting closer to the junction now and you flash a few more times.

Nothing.

You get to the junction and flash one last time.

Nothing.

You begin to get level with the junction and decide to carry on as they are away with the fairies. THEN they pull out causing you to break suddenly.

Hand waving and gesticulating follows and what started out as a kind deed ends up with me being on the end of some minor road rage.

Like it's my fault!!

The frequency in which this exact sane scenario happens is frightening to the point that I can't really be arsed thinking about other motorists anymore.

Pulling up at a junction and waiting for a gap in the traffic then some idiot pulls up beside you in a van/4 * 4 totally blocking your view of the oncoming traffic.

4 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Motorists that sit at junctions waiting to join the road and you are approaching the junction on the main road so you slow down a bit and flash a few times to let them out.

Nothing happens.

Nothing.

Nothing.

You begin to get level with the junction and decide to carry on as they are away with the fairies. THEN they pull out causing you to break suddenly.

Hand waving and gesticulating follows and what started out as a kind deed ends up with me being on the end of some minor road rage.

Like it's my fault!!

The frequency in which this exact sane scenario happens is frightening to the point that I can't really be arsed thinking about other motorists anymore.

Have you checked your headlight bulbs are working?

17 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Nothing happens.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Like it's my fault!!

Despite being a contradiction in terms, I am a courteous BMW driver and often try to let people out in traffic.

My rule is, though, that if I flash once and they don't pull out, I then keep driving. Once it gets into the stoppping & repeated flashing, you're into the realms of hesitation, confusion and uncertainty and that's when accidents tend to happen.