Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

5 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

People who update their Whatsapp or whatever profile, on a daily basis with an uplifting/sickly -  'treat every day as if its your last' - type message...even though the are the most miserable person in the office. 

I'd be miserable if it was my last day

Don't get me wrong, I admire people who take time out to raise money good causes, but....

8.15 pm, Friday night. It's been pitch dark for 4 hours. The door-bell goes. It's some bloke trying to get us to sign away money every month to the British Heart Foundation.

Good cause, but no thanks. Believe it or not, as a pensioner, I get nervous about answering the door, at night, in the dark.Why can't they come in the daylight?

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Don't get me wrong, I admire people who take time out to raise money good causes, but....

8.15 pm, Friday night. It's been pitch dark for 4 hours. The door-bell goes. It's some bloke trying to get us to sign away money every month to the British Heart Foundation.

Good cause, but no thanks. Believe it or not, as a pensioner, I get nervous about answering the door, at night, in the dark.Why can't they come in the daylight?

I wouldn't give to any charity who doorstep collect. In fact I did stop contributing to one purely because of this reason. Don't agree with it. Turning up on your doorstep effectively begging for money. It's wrong.

10 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Ran the usual gauntlet of chuggers in Chesterfield town centre today.

One particularly from talk talk.

"Who is your broadband with sir? How much are you paying?"

NONE OF YOUR F*&%#@G BUSINESS!!!

I mumbled some sort of apology for my foul language outburst as i passed but seriously.

I agree, EE collared me twice in Argos yesterday and the AA do it a lot at supermarkets.  These are massive brands but I think the approach leaves them looking amateurish and desperate.

11 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I wouldn't give to any charity who doorstep collect. In fact I did stop contributing to one purely because of this reason. Don't agree with it. Turning up on your doorstep effectively begging for money. It's wrong.

Agree, the problem is its a numbers game and they work on the fact that they will get maybe 4 or 5 out of every 100 houses to sign up, either because they want to or because they feel like they have to.

Charity should be a personal choice, you can go round town and if you donated to everyone rattling a bucket you would spend a fortune.