Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

nah, not having that, if you use it properly, it's no different to glancing in your interior mirror, or looking up at a road sign.

True mostyn, they are just glances but a sat nav could make you linger over it if you get lost or are struggling to work out where you should be going.

Probably just semantics on my part because I refuse to have one. :p

I have to admit to finding maps easier for my brain to work out.

11 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

True mostyn, they are just glances but a sat nav could make you linger over it if you get lost or are struggling to work out where you should be going.

Probably just semantics on my part because I refuse to have one. :p

I have to admit to finding maps easier for my brain to work out.

I keep the satnav in the glove compartment and do it properly every now and again to keep my eye in. There won't be any GPS signals when the zombie apocalypse happens and I intend to survive.

This might have been mentioned being as we're on page 91 but I can't remember.

Petrol Stations with mini supermarkets. Can't speak for the promised land but down here the staff are obsessed with replenishing the shelves. They can see a long queue has built up but it's nah, I'm stacking shelves. **** the shelves, serve your customers you *****.

People who it seems do their weekly shopping at the aforementioned petrol station leaving their car on the pumps...BASTURTS. I really hope one of them gets a puncture and their ice cream melts all over their shopping or something else that inconveniences them.....like spontaneous combustion. 

2 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Petrol Stations with mini supermarkets. Can't speak for the promised land but down here the staff are obsessed with replenishing the shelves. They can see a long queue has built up but it's nah, I'm stacking shelves. **** the shelves, serve your customers you *****.

People who it seems do their weekly shopping at the aforementioned petrol station leaving their car on the pumps...BASTURTS. I really hope one of them gets a puncture and their ice cream melts all over their shopping or something else that inconveniences them.....like spontaneous combustion. 

Double like, or more like hate.. Morning rush our, need petrol , no pumps spare... wait, wait, wait and then some tosser comes out with his Costa double mocca or whatever and a breakfast Subway. ITS A BLEEDING PETROL STATION.. Anything more grand than a Yorkie and one item only should be banned... 

Sith Happens
13 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Not a petrol station but a nearby 'local but national brand' Supermarket to us is the same. Now I know the staff have to do multi tasking, but when you sort if get a look from them as if to say 'can't you see I'm busy' as I stand waiting to pay at unattended tills. And why is it whichever till I pick to stand at, they ALWAYS go to another one and tell me to move to that one, it's like it gives them some satisfaction in telling me to move because I have dared interrupt their non customer serving task.

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Designer dogs. Cockerpoo, Labradoodle type things. I'm the kind of person that can't understand people travelling the width of the country to spend £800 on a pooch when there's so many in rescue centres. Dogs aren't ornaments and I'm sure they were once called mongrels. 

The point of the Poodle crosses, though is that they don't shed their fur as much (and when they do, it's hypoallergenic) and have a great temperament.

If I was buying a dog (which I hope to at some point), I would probably opt for one of these as opposed to choosing one from a shelter who's probably inbred and mis-treated and could flip at any point and rip my daughter's throat out.

7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

The point of the Poodle crosses, though is that they don't shed their fur as much (and when they do, it's hypoallergenic) and have a great temperament.

If I was buying a dog (which I hope to at some point), I would probably opt for one of these as opposed to choosing one from a shelter who's probably inbred and mis-treated and could flip at any point and rip my daughter's throat out.

you're more likely to buy an inbred "breed" than an inbred mongrel rescue dog and similarly, more likely to find genetic brain issues in a 'breed'.

16 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

You won't find pedigrees in a shelter, so it is unlikely the dogs there will be inbred. I understand about shedding for people with allergies, but otherwise I'd like to highlight a brilliant invention that has just been released.

brush_large.png?v=1397124905

It's pretty high tech so it might cost a bit.

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you're more likely to buy an inbred "breed" than an inbred mongrel rescue dog and similarly, more likely to find genetic brain issues in a 'breed'.

Not from where I'm likely to get mine from. I know the breeders and what their procedures are.

6 minutes ago, Anon said:

You won't find a pedigrees in a shelter, so it is unlikely the dogs there will be inbred. I understand about shedding for people with allergies, but otherwise I'd like to highlight a brilliant invention that has just been released.

OK, so now you've got a brush covered in fur and you've just released a load of allergens into the air whilst using it.

9 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Not from where I'm likely to get mine from. I know the breeders and what their procedures are.

OK, so now you've got a brush covered in fur and you've just released a load of allergens into the air whilst using it.

19 minutes ago, Anon said:

You won't find pedigrees in a shelter, so it is unlikely the dogs there will be inbred. I understand about shedding for people with allergies, but otherwise I'd like to highlight a brilliant invention that has just been released.

I've worked in animal rescue shelters since 1998 and the number of dogs we've rehomed that have had to be returned due to sudden behavioural issues that the new owners were seriously concerned about I can count on one hand. Most rescue dogs just require firm and consistent training, an understanding of each individual animal's behavioural problems by the prospective owner and a long term commitment to implement these.

My bug bear is thick people who get pups such as Akitas then let them do what they want and 6 months later when it's the size of a lion and all over the shop and they can't cope they expect rescue centres to take them in and miraculously turn them into an instant rehomable proposition overnight. Jeez. Brains in their arses.  

Also people who ring up and say they are moving house and can't take a dog so can we take it from them. Not a problem with this at all, that's what we are here for. Then you ask, "when are you moving?".

"Tomorrow" comes the reply.

Presumably they've known about their impending move for more than one day so why not ring once they had found out?! It would give us time to find and allocate space.

Then we say we cannot take it, it will have to go on the waiting list as there is no room at the centre and then you get abuse and the "you're supposed to care about animals aren't you?" line.

P*** off you waste of space.

Please.

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Not a petrol station but a nearby 'local but national brand' Supermarket to us is the same. Now I know the staff have to do multi tasking, but when you sort if get a look from them as if to say 'can't you see I'm busy' as I stand waiting to pay at unattended tills. And why is it whichever till I pick to stand at, they ALWAYS go to another one and tell me to move to that one, it's like it gives them some satisfaction in telling me to move because I have dared interrupt their non customer serving task.

Each person will have their own individual till that they are responsible for, to minimise cash shortages, and make tillers more careful when they are serving, and with cash they receive and change they are giving out. It will also be easier to spot anyone who make constant "errors".

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Not to be pedantic but most people are allergic to the dander not the fur. It's the skin and dust that goes into the air. 

I do understand the non moulting issue and have no issue with that, I'm a slave to the dyson. 

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, rynny said:

Each person will have their own individual till that they are responsible for, to minimise cash shortages, and make tillers more careful when they are serving, and with cash they receive and change they are giving out. It will also be easier to spot anyone who make constant "errors".

Well they seem to 'swop' quite regular.