Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

15 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Profligate bus stops.

Don't often get the bus but other day a routine journey took ages.

Mile stretch of road and about 10 stops!! Just have two and make people walk a bit instead of the bus stopping at one stop and then stopping again about 100 yards further up and so on and so forth.

Spot on, just because you're elderly or disabled why should your independence lifeline inconvenience other less frequent public transport users.

Selfish buggers.:ph34r:

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Spot on, just because you're elderly or disabled why should your independence lifeline inconvenience other less frequent public transport users.

Selfish buggers.:ph34r:

I had thought of that revil but seriously its a bit OTT. Not wishing to make it more difficult for people with limited mobility at all but get your point.

Selfies, selfie sticks. people who put new pictures of themselves on Facebook every day or about 30 of them and their mates pouting on a night out.

Worst of all taking pictures in front of any significant building or sight. I believe you went there. I don't need forensic fooking evidence. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

This annoying thing of people saying "so..." as a starter to a sentence. Only became aware of it in the past couple of years. 

"How are Team GB doing?"  "So, we have another 3 golds today".    

" Where are you visiting on the cruise?"  "So, we go to 5 islands".  

Grrrr!

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Anyone who uses the word "literarily" incorrectly. 

Anyone who uses the phrase 110% 

Anyone who can't spell "literally".  :p

16 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

This annoying thing of people saying "so..." as a starter to a sentence. Only became aware of it in the past couple of years. 

"How are Team GB doing?"  "So, we have another 3 golds today".    

" Where are you visiting on the cruise?"  "So, we go to 5 islands".  

Grrrr!

So,,,is it just verbally or does it annoy you in writing too?

5 hours ago, sage said:

Selfies, selfie sticks. people who put new pictures of themselves on Facebook every day or about 30 of them and their mates pouting on a night out.

Worst of all taking pictures in front of any significant building or sight. I believe you went there. I don't need forensic fooking evidence. 

Worse still - the sad dolts who take photos of what's on their plate in a restaurant. No matter how appetising it may look it could still taste like ****!

13 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

No bog roll.    :(

Probably still better than shiny bog roll.

Whoever thought the least absorbant substance known to man would make a decent sanitary wipe?

I swear it's the same stuff they used on the space shuttle to deflect the earth's gravity on re-entry, yet public buildings still insist on using it!

When faced with using it, I have a good feel around the holder, just in case some joker has left a Stanley blade in there as an alternative. 

8 hours ago, sage said:

Just seen this. I've got to the point that if I meet a new acquaintance and they ask me if I'm on facebook or talk about being on it then it's important that we don't become anymore than passing conversationalists. We would have absolutely nothing in common.