Where is George Thorne?

PodgeyRam

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

As I've said in the title really. Where is he?

We haven't seen him since the Sunderland debacle where despite the fact he was well below standard, we got worse when we took him off the pitch.

I've not seen any statement put out by the club saying he's injured. Johnson played in that match, has been injured since and has already returned to the team.

Has he had a bust up with Rowett?

Edit:  Here's a nice and precise thread title for you to enjoy @StringerBell

Maybe they are starting to realise the obvious.

That is, it's a roll of the dice on how players come back from an ACL injury.

He's never looked even half the player he was, other than the name remains the same.

He's too slow, too laborious and a shadow of his previous self.

And it gives me zero pleasure to say that.

In fact quite the opposite, I'm gutted.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

Friend of mine who's normally pretty clued up on these type of things says Thorne is in the cold because he had a bust up with Rowett after the Sunderland match and  told him the football we play is boring.

A true man of the people is Thorne.

Speculation and hearsay, no more. 

Ill add another rumour I heard yesterday. 

The players have been in 2 distinct groups for a while and there's tension between them in training. 

The players that were caught in the middle got fed up with it and asked to be moved on. 

2 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

The players have been in 2 distinct groups for a while and there's tension between them in training. 

The players that were caught in the middle got fed up with it and asked to be moved on. 

Just be true then. That explains everything

1 minute ago, bigbadbob said:

Just be true then. That explains everything

I wish it was that simple. There's been some strange decisions regarding players this season. Some flavour of the month, then completely out of the picture.

Anya, Wisdom, Baird, Johnson, Forsyth, Olson. 

Martin, Russell, Bryson. 

In my opinion it doesnt create a team spirit if you are uncertain about your place in the team and 1 bad game means you are out of the squad.    

15 minutes ago, europia said:

Speculation and hearsay, no more. 

Who doesn't love a nice bit of speculation though? It's more entertaining than what's happening on the pitch anyway.

Got to speculate to accumulate, isn't that the saying?

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

Friend of mine who's normally pretty clued up on these type of things says Thorne is in the cold because he had a bust up with Rowett after the Sunderland match and  told him the football we play is boring.

A true man of the people is Thorne.

Really ??? George our hero sorting out that bad guy rowett for ramkind ,,,,,,,, maybe more accurate that rowett bored with the legendary walk on water handsome George playing **** and looking like he could do with skipping a few dinners 

21 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

Isn’t that three groups then?!

5 minutes ago, archied said:

Really ??? George our hero sorting out that bad guy rowett for ramkind ,,,,,,,, maybe more accurate that rowett bored with the legendary walk on water handsome George playing **** and looking like he could do with skipping a few dinners 

They could both be true...

Can't just be down to playing rubbish because if that the reason,  Rowett would be playing the under-23s in midfield by now.

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Being made to pay for the loss at Sunderland sadly.

So how come Fozzy played yesterday after an own goal and a gifted peno against Sunderland?

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, europia said:

This has been said before about GT. He probably needs a move away from this club, if only to get the monkey off his back. 

Fozzy, what ever happened to that half decent left back?? Another who should move on for the sake of his career. 

Well I thought getting fozzy, Thorne and Martin back would be like signing three new players for this season.  So much for that then.

This IS the same George Thorne that voluntarily signed a new contract only a few weeks ago and who was saying how well he had been managed through a difficult period by Gary Rowett, isn't it?  Or is there another one?

And the same GT who has had a number of chances to play this season but who hasn't (yet) got to anywhere near the level that we and he and GR knows he can reach.

Much easier though to create a story about trouble in the dressing room or between GR and the players or the players fed up with boring football.  No signs of that when they were winning though............ 

24 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

This IS the same George Thorne that voluntarily signed a new contract only a few weeks ago and who was saying how well he had been managed through a difficult period by Gary Rowett, isn't it?  Or is there another one?

And the same GT who has had a number of chances to play this season but who hasn't (yet) got to anywhere near the level that we and he and GR knows he can reach.

Much easier though to create a story about trouble in the dressing room or between GR and the players or the players fed up with boring football.  No signs of that when they were winning though............ 

I agree ,, no matter what any of us fans think on rowett ,methods ,style ,,, every single player should bust a gut on the pitch and in training because they are employed by the club and have a duty to the fans who shell out their hard earned week in week out to turn up and watch , so contrary to any player being seen as a hero for causing problems with the manager and dressing room ( only rumour?) I see them as selfish disruptive prima donnas who rather than take a good hard look at themselves and do what they are hugely paid to do would rather short change the club and the fans ,,, as I say this post is neither pro nor anti rowett ,it matters not who is employed at a given time as manager ,players that pull that **** need getting rid of 

George Thorne 2014 version = Fantastic player, will play a big part in our march to the Premiership

George Thorne 2018 version = Sadly hampered by too many major injuries/operations. Gutted for the lad but, in my opinion, will never be GT '14 again.

Seriously can't understand why he (amongst others) was given a new contract, especially at a time we have to start unloading a top heavy squad.

Archived