Where is George Thorne?

PodgeyRam

As I've said in the title really. Where is he?

We haven't seen him since the Sunderland debacle where despite the fact he was well below standard, we got worse when we took him off the pitch.

I've not seen any statement put out by the club saying he's injured. Johnson played in that match, has been injured since and has already returned to the team.

Has he had a bust up with Rowett?

Edit:  Here's a nice and precise thread title for you to enjoy @StringerBell

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping he can get a full pre season under his belt and come back fighting next year.

Same for Fozzy too, I don't think either have done themselves justice this season, let's hope once they get back to full fitness their form returns.

32 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm hoping he can get a full pre season under his belt and come back fighting next year.

Same for Fozzy too, I don't think either have done themselves justice this season, let's hope once they get back to full fitness their form returns.

Let’s do the time warp again!!!! 

31 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

This has been said before about GT. He probably needs a move away from this club, if only to get the monkey off his back. 

Fozzy, what ever happened to that half decent left back?? Another who should move on for the sake of his career. 

27 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Let’s do the time warp again!!!! 

25 minutes ago, europia said:

This has been said before about GT. He probably needs a move away from this club, if only to get the monkey off his back. 

Fozzy, what ever happened to that half decent left back?? Another who should move on for the sake of his career. 

It's often said that the 1st season back after a major injury is always tricky, GT doesn't look fit, I think he's overdone it on the upper body training while out and it's not helping his mobility, look at pictures from 14 to now, far broader now in the shoulders than he was then.

Fozzy has had a nightmare 2 years, doing the same knee in consequective seasons is really tough to overcome, but I still think he's worth another chance next season, even as back up to Lowe or another LB. 

I wouldn't be looking to actively get shot of either.

Friend of mine who's normally pretty clued up on these type of things says Thorne is in the cold because he had a bust up with Rowett after the Sunderland match and  told him the football we play is boring.

A true man of the people is Thorne.

5 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Friend of mine who's normally pretty clued up on these type of things says Thorne is in the cold because he had a bust up with Rowett after the Sunderland match and  told him the football we play is boring.

Thorne does tend to be right tbf... wonder if Vydra is of the same line of thought and that’s why his demenour has been so down recently. If this is true we’ll probably end up losing the pair of them and any flair left in the team...

Heard a rumour (in the pub so the validity should be taken with a pinch of salt) that Rowett has told Thorne he’s 2 stone over weight and needs to trim up before getting back in the team. He did look like he was carrying some timber this season?!?? 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Heard a rumour (in the pub so the validity should be taken with a pinch of salt) that Rowett has told Thorne he’s 2 stone over weight and needs to trim up before getting back in the team. He did look like he was carrying some timber this season?!?? 

I wonder if it was the electronic gizmo that rowett said was monitoring all the players fitness regimes in pre season that told him that?

Funny how we don't hear about any of that attention to fitness detail since we've been demonstrably blowing out of our collective a***s after about 50 minutes :lol:

14 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

How/why is he pretty clued up on these things?

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I wonder if it was the electronic gizmo that rowett said was monitoring all the players fitness regimes in pre season that told him that?

Funny how we don't hear about any of that attention to fitness detail since we've been demonstrably blowing out of our collective a***s after about 50 minutes :lol:

It wasn’t that, it was when they were getting fitted for thier Wembley suits and GT had gone up to a 38inc waste 

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Apparently the phrase "oh, I just put that onto the dog" wasn't considered "helpful"?

Archived