Nigel Pearson......

Mafiabob

2 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Not defending either manager. I am thankful that we don’t have Pearson.  And I don’t rate Rowett either. Both have served up dreadful football

at least Rowett has won some games. (And some impressive wins at that - particularly away from home. )

I was just saying the reason Pearson wasn’t given time was because it looked like it would be a relegation battle. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Jeff Hendrick called the dressing room poisonous which is one of the main reasons he left. It’s bound to have some substance at least. These collapses are far too coincidental now.

Did he? Please direct me to that article as I can’t seem to find it on google? Maybe it doesn’t pull up results from someone’s imagination?

In any case, I assume that’s the same Jeff Hendrick that battered someone and narrowly avoided jail time? Obviously a fine character himself.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I was just saying the reason Pearson wasn’t given time was because it looked like it would be a relegation battle. 

You’re dead right. The games that peed me off under Pearson were the cup games early rounds against lesser opposition. 

Just now, nottingram said:

Did he? Please direct me to that article as I can’t seem to find it on google? Maybe it doesn’t pull up results from someone’s imagination?

In any case, I assume that’s the same Jeff Hendrick that battered someone and narrowly avoided jail time? Obviously a fine character himself.

Because it wasn’t an article, it was said to the fans after he left! You’re right to say many players have left since the Pearson era but many still remain and Davies’ interview after the Burton game suggested that things are not right in there .

Rowett isn’t blameless and I want him to leave because I believe that he’s not right for us  but if there are issues in the dressing room, I hope he clarifies it once and for all when he leaves. Us as fans have the right to know at least.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Because it wasn’t an article, it was said to the fans after he left! You’re right to say many players have left since the Pearson era but many still remain and Davies’ interview after the Burton game suggested that things are not right in there .

Rowett isn’t blameless and I want him to leave because I believe that he’s not right for us  but if there are issues in the dressing room, I hope he clarifies it once and for all when he leaves. Us as fans have the right to know at least.

Hearsay then? 

Basically I gather what you’re implying is that Keogh seems to be a bad egg as he’s the only one remaining really? 

In reality I think there’s probably no real bad eggs, there’s a few weak mentalities maybe but I just do not buy into the fact that there’s players in there still getting picked if they’re undermining the manager.

Problem with Pearson, was he was break it down to rebuild it in his image guy, who was brought in to a team that played good football but just lacked a certain something to get it to the very top. The wrong guy at the wrong time - I fully endorsed his sacking at the time. Weirdly, however, if he came into the current situation he probably would be a decent shout if given time for the rebuild. Doubt that'd work out given the Mel/Nigel exit though.

However, I think it's Rowett's job to do the rebuild next season. Perhaps we'd have been better off just rebuilding this season rather trying to be competitive (top six) with ex-PL players at the ends of their careers.

However, Pearson as a manager is a pragmatist, the same as Rowett is, we'd not be watching flair if we'd stuck with him.

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Hearsay then? 

Basically I gather what you’re implying is that Keogh seems to be a bad egg as he’s the only one remaining really? 

In reality I think there’s probably no real bad eggs, there’s a few weak mentalities maybe but I just do not buy into the fact that there’s players in there still getting picked if they’re undermining the manager.

Not just Keogh remaining to be fair. I found Curtis Davies’ interview(who is an honest as they come) after the Burton match to be a reflection of what is currently happening on the pitch and an insight into what is happening off the pitch

The way Shackell reacted to Wassall after the Rotherham game, tells me there's some right ***** within that dressing room.

If he and others are like that in public, heavy forbid the **** that goes on behind closed doors.

52 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Maybe he knew what the root cause of everything was.....

The ‘root cause’ of everything was a mistake at Wembley and then the whole side being injured in the run in the next season.

Pearson’s response was to dismantle the entire side and rip up the way we played.

But there’s definitely a fundamental problem now.

In retrospect I think he could, but at the time it was woeful and he had to go.

He would have had to have stuck with 20 odd very unhappy players for 3 months if not most for the rest of the season and no way we would have done much in a pretty untenable situation apart from slide.

Had he been installed sooner rather than dithering he could have assessed the problems at the end of the previous season and sorted it out properly in summer, but instead he came in with tied hands and had to work with what he had rather than shipping them out and rebuilding his own team.

39 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

And who exactly are the trouble makers ? Not too many here who were here when Pearson was here now .

I don’t know, you’d have to ask Rowett that but Davies’ interview told me that there is definitely problems in there. I feel sorry for people like Davies because he’s an honest pro and person.

I think there's something seriously wrong behind the scenes, although I don't think it is anything to with the players.

We have allegations that our ex CEO was behind dodgy deals expressly to the detriment of the club, even although the finance director who must have signed off on those deals is still in position. If he didn't sign off on those deals he should at least noticed that something wasn't right quicker.

We have the son of the academy director breaking FA rules by acting both for ourselves and an outside agency, who's been held responsible for that, if anyone?

We have Faye Nixon leaving the club last season, and when I asked why, someone posted she'd been offered a job at WBA, and couldn't get out the door quick enough due to the unprofessional way the club was being run behind the scenes.

Fast forward a few months and she's back in a different role!

We have a chairman/CEO/owner, a set up that would be frowned upon and downright discouraged in any other large employer, indeed we used to laugh at Forest and the incompetent Fawaz when they followed that model, yet barely a peep now we have adopted it.

We announce plans for the Academy to put us amongst the top 10 in Europe, nice but hardly essential to our promotion hopes, Burnley used school playing fields and portacabins to change in, then invested in the training ground once up.

We seem to switch focus from one week to the next, chuck money at stupid things like concourse heating, judo rooms and grand plazas that may never be built. All signs that direction is being taken on the hoof, with no clear plan in place.

One season a passing manager, next a rookie, next a nasty *******, sugar we've made a mistake let's get the footballing one back, look at that bugger laughing while we lose, get a younger version of the nasty *******, back him with oldies then turn the funding tap off if it fails.

What next? 

It would be so easy if we'd set a concrete plan, we'd know what's next, another manager cut from the same cloth, but hopefully better.

Instead we stumble from one disappointment to another, getting further and further away from a goal we were so close to, and Mel has spent a fortune to take us backwards in the only way that really matters, on the pitch.

All the money in the world won't bring success unless we appoint the people to help us spend it wisely, and I've no faith that we have them in any key position at the club.

11 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I think there's something seriously wrong behind the scenes, although I don't think it is anything to with the players.

We have allegations that our ex CEO was behind dodgy deals expressly to the detriment of the club, even although the finance director who must have signed off on those deals is still in position. If he didn't sign off on those deals he should at least noticed that something wasn't right quicker.

We have the son of the academy director breaking FA rules by acting both for ourselves and an outside agency, who's been held responsible for that, if anyone?

We have Faye Nixon leaving the club last season, and when I asked why, someone posted she'd been offered a job at WBA, and couldn't get out the door quick enough due to the unprofessional way the club was being run behind the scenes.

We have a chairman/CEO/owner, a set up that would be frowned upon and downright discouraged in any other large employer, indeed we used to laugh at Forest and the incompetent Fawaz when they followed that model, yet barely a peep now we have adopted it.

We announce plans for the Academy to put us amongst the top 10 in Europe, nice but hardly essential to our promotion hopes, Burnley used school playing fields and portacabins to change in, then invested in the training ground once up.

We seem to switch focus from one week to the next, chuck money at stupid things like concourse heating, judo rooms and grand plazas that may never be built. All signs that direction is being taken on the hoof, with no clear plan in place.

One season a passing manager, next a rookie, next a nasty *******, sugar we've made a mistake let's get the footballing one back, look at that bugger laughing while we lose, get a younger version of the nasty *******, back him with oldies then turn the funding tap off if it fails.

What next? 

It would be so easy if we'd set a concrete plan, we'd know what's next, another manager cut from the same cloth, but hopefully better.

Instead we stumble from one disappointment to another, getting further and further away from a goal we were so close to, and Mel has spent a fortune to take us backwards in the only way that really matters, on the pitch.

All the money in the world won't bring success unless we appoint the people to help us spend it wisely, and I've no faith that we have them in any key position at the club.

And where is John Vicars these days ?

11 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

What next? 

Thank you..... put it far better than me, think there is plenty on here who will carry on burying heads in the sand like ostriches (see what I did there).

Its the same defence of Mel time and again that gets me..... fans are still dazzled by his cash and Derby accent.....

Never been fooled..... 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Was he the man...... the man who identified the problem(s)????

Was he the “no” man we needed.... who wouldn’t bow down to what others thought was best?

Maybe I hope things would change..... 

No, man.

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Was he the man...... the man who identified the problem(s)????

Was he the “no” man we needed.... who wouldn’t bow down to what others thought was best?

Maybe I hope things would change..... 

When SM went to forest and had a mare, he said he identified the problems and tried to fix them overnight. Lost the team fans staff and was *******. Regret was he didn't do it slowly. 

There is a cancer in derby. Has been for years. Manager after manager. The cancer remains. 

Archived