Mafiabob

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Still waiting to make any sense of what Mel does since 2015

That’s what you’re getting at...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

When SM went to forest and had a mare, he said he identified the problems and tried to fix them overnight. Lost the team fans staff and was *******. Regret was he didn't do it slowly. 

There is a cancer in derby. Has been for years. Manager after manager. The cancer remains. 

Or there isn’t and it’s down to other things - too simple? ?

1 hour ago, TroyDyer said:

When SM went to forest and had a mare, he said he identified the problems and tried to fix them overnight. Lost the team fans staff and was *******. Regret was he didn't do it slowly. 

There is a cancer in derby. Has been for years. Manager after manager. The cancer remains. 

Where though? The squad, board, scouts, manager, coaching staff have all changed quite a lot since Clough was sacked.

And Clough himself must have got through about a hundred players!!

I wonder how many he did use?

I believe Pearson was onto something. But he was a complete disaster, who knows if we had stuck it out. 

Maybe behind the scenes it is too much jobs for the boys. I maintain my belief that players/staff have it easy at Derby, all in this lovely cushy bubble. Once inside it is incredibly difficult to change. Something i think may have developed in recent years. Doesn't seem to matter who plays, or who manages. 

38 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Where though? The squad, board, scouts, manager, coaching staff have all changed quite a lot since Clough was sacked.

And Clough himself must have got through about a hundred players!!

I wonder how many he did use?

I think it might be you. :-(

Christ on a bike, I've heard it all now! Pearson might have identified one or two issues, but he clearly didn't have a danny as to how to fix them. We're still picking up the pieces from his 'clearout' in case folk hadn't noticed. In short, the man was a total ******* liability.

20 hours ago, BondJovi said:

I believe Pearson was onto something. But he was a complete disaster, who knows if we had stuck it out. 

Maybe behind the scenes it is too much jobs for the boys. I maintain my belief that players/staff have it easy at Derby, all in this lovely cushy bubble. Once inside it is incredibly difficult to change. Something i think may have developed in recent years. Doesn't seem to matter who plays, or who manages. 

Yep, reckon you are on to something there. I think Mel wanted to have a go initially, then realised it's tough in the big boys playground. 

14 hours ago, 86 points said:

Christ on a bike, I've heard it all now! Pearson might have identified one or two issues, but he clearly didn't have a danny as to how to fix them. We're still picking up the pieces from his 'clearout' in case folk hadn't noticed. In short, the man was a total ******* liability.

He signed Vydra. Not a total liability but 99% of the way there 

Archived