Nigel Pearson......

Mafiabob

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He makes a loss every year.

Something I couldn’t do in my line of work.

Then why doesn’t he employ someone who knows how to make a profit.....

16 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Was he the man...... the man who identified the problem(s)????

Was he the “no” man we needed.... who wouldn’t bow down to what others thought was best?

Maybe I hope things would change..... 

In short no, not even by a long shot. Pearson's tenure was the single worst period of management I've seen at Derby bar one (Jewell taking the top in that regard). There was a very good chance we were going to get dragged into a relegation battle under him and I think it's more than a fair shout that we might have gone down.

Of all the decisions Mel Morris has made, the sacking of Pearson is one of the least questionable.

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

In short no, not even by a long shot. Pearson's tenure was the single worst period of management I've seen at Derby bar one (Jewell taking the top in that regard). There was a very good chance we were going to get dragged into a relegation battle under him and I think it's more than a fair shout that we might have gone down.

Of all the decisions Mel Morris has made, the sacking of Pearson is one of the least questionable.

I’m starting to think it was probably the most questionable.....

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

On what grounds have you come to that ludicrous conclusion ? Your clutching at straws I'm afraid.

No straws clutched..... every single sacking has defied logic for me.... 

the mistake was not allowing McClaren to rip apart the spine that let him down in 2015. McClaren would have still maintained attacking football and excellent coaching., but was sacked without ever being allowed to build his own team.

Rowett is now at peak Paul Jewell level.

Just now, McLovin said:

Pearson as a manager was terrible, but as a man, he knew what the problems were at the club and who the  trouble makers were. After Hendrick left, he called the changing room poisonous. 

And who exactly are the trouble makers ? Not too many here who were here when Pearson was here now .

But if/when Rowett is sacked, I hope he exposes each and every one of the trouble makers in the dressing room if there are issues in there. I am SURE that Pearson would have wanted to expose them too to keep his own reputation in tact but Mel would have made him sign a clause.

5 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Based on current form we would be headed for the trap door under Rowett. 

But we’re 7th in the table so no where near it are we? 

Pearson we’d scored 1 goal in 9 games with no signs of improvement. Something had to be done or could have been catastrophic.

If Rowett had had current form start of the season, he probably wouldn’t be here. 

Just now, Mafiabob said:

I’m starting to think it was probably the most questionable.....

What about Pearson's tenure gave you any semblance of him being the correct man ? 

Was it:

1) One win in 9 games

2) Only 3 goals scored in 9 games 

3) The completely wasted pre season followed by a panic fuelled final week to the window

4) Having no clue how to get the most out of the players at his disposable

5) Having no clue to set out his preferred system of a counter attacking 442 

I could go on, there are plenty more examples but it's a waste of time. Pearson's tenure was a unmitigated disaster of his own making.

20 minutes ago, Papahet said:

He even said as much.

Think it was post match after the Blackburn defeat, berated everyone saying they weren't interested in the club, lack of effort and wish he could have eleven Craig Brysons out there.

Absolutely, shame he would have most likely been made to sign a clause to prevent him from exposing them, as with Clement

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But if/when Rowett is sacked, I hope he exposes each and every one of the trouble makers in the dressing room if there are issues in there. I am SURE that Pearson would have wanted to expose them too to keep his own reputation in tact but Mel would have made him sign a clause.

Well there isn’t many left from that era and he keeps picking them?

Maybe there aren’t any troublemakers and your embarrassing fiction is just that, fiction. 

Just now, nottingram said:

Well there isn’t many left from that era and he keeps picking them?

Maybe there aren’t any troublemakers and your embarrassing fiction is just that, fiction. 

Jeff Hendrick called the dressing room poisonous which is one of the main reasons he left. It’s bound to have some substance at least. These collapses are far too coincidental now.

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

But we’re 7th in the table so no where near it are we? 

Pearson we’d scored 1 goal in 9 games with no signs of improvement. Something had to be done or could have been catastrophic.

If Rowett had had current form start of the season, he probably wouldn’t be here. 

Not defending either manager. I am thankful that we don’t have Pearson.  And I don’t rate Rowett either. Both have served up dreadful football

at least Rowett has won some games. (And some impressive wins at that - particularly away from home. )

Just now, McLovin said:

Jeff Hendrick called the dressing room poisonous which is one of the main reasons he left. It’s bound to have some substance at least. These collapses are far too coincidental now.

There's only really been two collapses and they've happened for very different reasons. 14/15 was down to having the core of the side gutted to injury. This year we overperformed and then had a regression to the mean (along with a healthy dash of bad management). I wouldn't have called what happened under a Clement a collapse more than a bad run of results and I'd have called what happened with McClaren in 16/17 having a disjointed squad. 

Archived