Some players immune to criticism

Derbyram1

As the title says....why are some players immune to criticism??

I'm am referring to the likes of Nugent, Wiemann, Ledley, Wisdom when in my eyes players like Lawrence get called out time after time when he is the only player having a bloody go, yes he does not always come up with the goods put look at his goals and assists and then compare it to Wiemann and Nugent who as our "no.9" should be our main goal threat but what is it now.....7 goals!!

We never learn, how many people wanted Vydra out last season after not giving him time to settle, now he is our POTY (possibly) and we still barrage forums and social media with calls for Lawrence to be shifted out.....give the lad time, he will come good.

Ledley is hailed as our defensive saviour, I would swap him for a player like John Eustace any day of the week....same goes for Wisdom, clinging on to what he did for us in "that" season and now proving to be no better than Christie.

Anyway, that's my mini rant over....for now.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

I'm am referring to the likes of Nugent, Wiemann, Ledley, Wisdom when in my eyes players like Lawrence get called out time after time when he is the only player having a bloody go, yes he does not always come up with the goods put look at his goals and assists and then compare it to Wiemann and Nugent who as our "no.9" should be our main goal threat but what is it now.....7 goals!!

We never learn, how many people wanted Vydra out last season after not giving him time to settle, now he is our POTY (possibly) and we still barrage forums and social media with calls for Lawrence to be shifted out.....give the lad time, he will come good.

Ledley is hailed as our defensive saviour, I would swap him for a player like John Eustace any day of the week....same goes for Wisdom, clinging on to what he did for us in "that" season and now proving to be no better than Christie.

Agree to some of it. Ledley seems immune, but if Thorne had put that perfomance in that Ledley did on Saturday we would have several pages talking about how hes finished etc etc.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Agree to some of it. Ledley seems immune, but if Thorne had put that perfomance in that Ledley did on Saturday we would have several pages talking about how hes finished etc etc.

I was thinking the same about Baird's performances in the last couple of games. If that was Forsyth...

Ledley's a weird one, has looked one of our better players but no hiding from the fact he was awful on Saturday. I agree in the main though, I think the reason Vydra and Carson escape major criticism is because they are match winners at either end pretty frequent over the season. Nugent, Wisdom and Weimann are likeable but all pretty average, they don't affect the game as much as they should do. Consistently they're 6/10 most weeks, none of them make big mistakes like others players which is probably why they don't shot down as much. There's 10 million pounds spent on these three players which just tells you everything you need to know about our shoddy transfer dealings. 

I think Weimann is dodging the criticism because recently he has been playing quite well. He certainly has been our better winger, and so I think that is what is keeping his criticism free. I don't think Wisdom has done too much wrong either, but he could certainly be better going forward. Nugent definitely deserves some criticism for recent performances, he hasn't been scoring like he should be. Nugent probably gets off because he is a likeable person, but I certainly would like a new striker in the summer. 

Forsyth is still worse than all of them put together. Had a terrible season, he gets all of my criticism.. It still baffles me that the ball hit him in the face and cost us goals in two home games in a row. How can you be a professional footballer and be that bad ?

Some players are easier targets - the fee we paid, the fact that they take risks, the way they run up to take a free kick - there's any number of reasons why some folk choose to single them out for 'special treatment', often before they've had any chance to prove themselves at all.

Of course there's also the sheep syndrome whereby those without their own opinions catch a ride on those of others, even if those other opinions happen to be steaming hot garbage. 

28 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Of course there's also the sheep syndrome whereby those without their own opinions catch a ride on those of others, even if those other opinions happen to be steaming hot garbage. 

Yeah I'll go along with that.

41 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Anyone else seen the Carson video from last night?

Some absolute **** fans at this club. 

Unbelievable. The only thing you can hope is that Scotty realises they were utter p155ed up garbage and ignores what they said!

On 4/16/2018 at 12:42, Derbyram1 said:

I think the consensus after the Wolves & Burton games was that they were all pretty hopeless.  

On 4/16/2018 at 12:42, Derbyram1 said:

I agree I really don’t get how some fans get straight on Lawrence’s back,at least he tries to take people on and with a bit of confidence will be a big player next year. Totally agree on Wisdom what has happened to him? 

Archived