Some players immune to criticism

Derbyram1

10 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

I agree I really don’t get how some fans get straight on Lawrence’s back,at least he tries to take people on and with a bit of confidence will be a big player next year. Totally agree on Wisdom what has happened to him? 

On wisdom I think Baird keeping him out of the team has dented his confidence ,he has become a bit headless chicken ,, I think if we do ever go 3 at the back he is perfect for right side ch though 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If players like Wisdom aren't strong enough to fight for their place and instead start to lose confidence then is he the sort of player we really need?

I just don't feel we have any identity and no players with a genuine love for the club, all the attributes that went in to the "that" play off season under Mac1.

6 hours ago, archied said:

On wisdom I think Baird keeping him out of the team has dented his confidence ,he has become a bit headless chicken ,, I think if we do ever go 3 at the back he is perfect for right side ch though 

Yes I agree he looks more suited to a 3 and doesn’t look comfortable going forward at right back having said that his defending has not been great either.

On 16/04/2018 at 23:07, clarkeram7 said:

Forsyth is still worse than all of them put together. Had a terrible season, he gets all of my criticism.. It still baffles me that the ball hit him in the face and cost us goals in two home games in a row. How can you be a professional footballer and be that bad ?

Has he though? He was playing alright but for being a bit sloppy and he’s been crushed…

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Don't some players earn the right to get away with bad performances.

Others owe some good ones just to shake off the label that they're ****. 

Keogh obviously hadn’t earned the right with Gary. One bad game against Sunderland and dropped for the next 3. 

On 18/04/2018 at 08:23, Mr Giggles said:

We shouldn't have been playing two defensive midfielders on Saturday... imagine how that makes players such as Palmer feel. Stifling their talent because we have to play the same system all the time.

We should not have played 2 holding for 95% of games in this league.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Gotta laugh.

A thread saying some players aren't getting moaned about enough  ???

I think it is the other way round, pointing how others are treated harshly and others can do no wrong. 

12 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

We should not have played 2 holding for 95% of games in this league.

Maybe it’s because our defence/ defenders are not as good as we believe, and after the Sheffers u and Bristol games rowett has played the two holders to solidify things ( not too solid recently even with them though) 

12 minutes ago, archied said:

Maybe it’s because our defence/ defenders are not as good as we believe, and after the Sheffers u and Bristol games rowett has played the two holders to solidify things ( not too solid recently even with them though) 

Agreed, I can see why he did it initially but then he became way too rigid with it. Game management. No reason why, if a game is going our way, he can change the formation and approach during the 90 mins. Perhaps when playing teams really low on confidence ala Sunderland, Leeds & Burton, we sacrifice one of the holding players and put the opposition on the back foot. Best form of defense is attack and all that.

No we set up a certain way, for whatever reason, and stick to it no matter what. What was all that bollx about different systems against certain opposition? More talk and very little substance. Seems to be the way we do things at DCFC.. Talk a lot, do very little.

I think it depends what you have in the bank. If Carson lets one through his legs on Saturday, you'd have to be a total ******* to dig him out for it. The fella has carried us for two seasons. I think Ledley probably comes under the same category. He's got a few in the bank as he's been a rock since he's been here. Others that repeatedly make the same errors are always going to get criticism. 

The one that does confuse me is Wisdom. I actually think some fans still consider his year on loan under SM as money in the bank. That was a long time ago, now. 

5 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

The one that does confuse me is Wisdom. I actually think some fans still consider his year on loan under SM as money in the bank. That was a long time ago, now. 

Was discussing this with my old man the other day, both agreed he's half the player we had here on loan.

He seems more intent on displaying his body strength than wanting anything to do with the football, also offers us nothing going forward and has failed to form any sort of partnership with whoever has played in front of him.

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Was discussing this with my old man the other day, both agreed he's half the player we had here on loan.

He seems more intent on displaying his body strength than wanting anything to do with the football, also offers us nothing going forward and has failed to form any sort of partnership with whoever has played in front of him.

Liverpool fans always thought he would evolve into a centre back. I would quite like to see him play there. 

Agree with @G STAR RAM, Wisdom at his best is putting players into the hoardings which is no bad thing but you need more to your game than that.

He just looks a little lost in possession, like a tank on an F1 track, maybe centre back would suit him better, be that bully in the middle and not have to worry about being a footballer.

Baird despite his recent balls ups offers more with his distrubution of the ball. 

Just me or is Wisdom a bigger tank than when he was here on loan? Heavier on his feet, and by big I don’t mean fat. 

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

It might have been on another forum but I said Wisdom was a solid defender last time around, but that his use of the ball left a lot to be desired, and I was against his signing. That was a minority view! I am not sure a number of our close season acquisitions were Gary's choice, I think Wisdom and Huddlestone weren't. I've got no way of proving that though.

Wisdom is a much better defender than Christie though, because he has far better positional sense.

Archived