What have we achieved since we were relegated 10 years ago?

Duracell

Poll  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just over 10 years since we came back down. And what we have to show for it is:

• 0 promotions
  • 0 relegations
  • 2 play-off finishes (could make it 3 this year)
  • 1 League Cup run into the semi-finals
  • 0 FA Cup runs

Maybe this could be our year, which would be weird because it feels like we're rubbish for some reason. But even so, it's hard to view the past decade as anything more than us just fannying about. 

All those years of austerity, only to spend it on 0 promotions and 0 cup runs, resulting in us likely having to be thrifty again if we don't go up.

What's the point of it? Can someone make me feel better :( 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of things to clarify...

'keeping hold of Rob Hulse' - Is he still at the club, if so, surely he can offer more than Jerome?

Also, the half eaten pack of werthers originals we got for Commons. Does this mean half of the werthers originals were already gone or all of them were still in the packet but each half eaten? Very important.

1 minute ago, Smyth_18 said:

A couple of things to clarify...

'keeping hold of Rob Hulse' - Is he still at the club, if so, surely he can offer more than Jerome?

Also, the half eaten pack of werthers originals we got for Commons. Does this mean half of the werthers originals were already gone or all of them were still in the packet but each half eaten? Very important.

Took the first one out, I was really clutching at straws there.

On the Commons question - we gave him the first half in contract negotiations. 

Most disappointing was sacking Mac part 2 - I thought his re-appointment (maybe we should've gone for a different manager with a similar ethos), signalled the intention to try and salvage some of the positive things we had achieved up to that point and to really buy into a certain way of doing things.

Clearly not

Play off final '14 has to be the biggest disappointment. Will hopefully never watch the highlights.

Wasn't disappointed in the slightest when Hughes went. Had had about 3 good games in a year at that point, could have got more wedge if we'd got rid sooner. More disappointed we didn't replace him with anyone of quality/find an effective new way of playing without him.

Biggest achievement might well be that we didn't get relegated in the first season back in the Championship but I voted finishing 3rd. We were so good to watch that year.

Finishing 3rd in 13/14 for achievement, the PO final being the biggest disappointment.

Having only been watching us for 15 years I've not seen many years like that. Blowing teams away, great goals, memorable games, the Play off semi's.. just so good. Came out of nothing and ended up being one of the most feared teams in the league. Youth products at the forefront. I enjoyed that season more than the one we actually got promoted in back in 07. 

I loved that away game at Watford early doors. Such a mentality change and it was brilliant. We're throwing another striker on? We're drawing away from home with 15 to go, we're used to seeing it out for a point. We're going to go for it? CONOR SAMMON! We did it! 

Last few months of 14/15.

The 13/14 campaign is the champagne of Derby County disappointments for a younger generation but actually in 14/15 it looked for a long time that we’d win the league. To have it all taken away by a weird concentration of injuries at DM and ST, lose our manager and then go on to lose all the good work done by Clough and then McClaren after that season really still kills me.

13/14 wasn’t the end of that era but 14/15 was and what hurts more is it was out of anyone’s control really.

2 hours ago, Duracell said:

Incidentally, I voted for selling Will Hughes as the greatest disappointment. Talk about selling the family silver...

Yes, Will has had rave reviews from Watford fans despite taking a while to get in the side and a bad injury. Good luck to him, he stuck with Derby above and beyond the call of duty. 

My vote was actually for Jeff Hendrick as he was (is) a big favourite of mine. Again sorry to see him leave but pleased to see him establishing himself in the PL. 

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

The Leicester play off final was worse.. :(

Yep that was a horrible day at Wembley. Their goals were like a slow motion car crash.....you could see them coming, but couldn't do anything to stop it :(

Archived